Setting soft keys as scenes

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Setting soft keys as scenes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JoshJosh123 JoshJosh123 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JoshJosh123
    JoshJosh123
    Participant

Im using Avantis in a church setting. I would like to be able to use the soft keys as shortcuts to the different scenes. (One touch presets.) So far I have not seen that this is an option. While using soft keys to scroll through scenes is nice, it’s not helpful for our use.

I have set up a scene for our 7am, a different one for our 9am, and yet another for our 11am, plus funerals, weddings, etc etc. However, I have to go to the touch screen and press a series of buttons to enable each scene. Instead, the idea is to walk in, click a button, and play music.

We don’t have an a/v pro at every service, so the simpler the better. Any suggestions? Any idea if A&H plans to incorporate that use in an update?

Profile photo of AlexIG
    AlexIG
    Participant

Because the soft keys change with each scene, I would assume it wouldn’t be possible. At least I haven’t found any other way to swicth scenes other then go into the meune.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Josh,

This is definitely possible.
    Make sure you’re running the latest Avantis firmware from https://www.allen-heath.com/avantis/#firmware
    Select the ‘Scene Controls’ function for a SoftKey and ‘Specific Scene Recall’ followed by the Scene you like to recall.
    Next, check that your SoftKey assignments are Safe in the Scenes / Global Safes screen. The template Shows default to Safe for all SoftKeys, meaning their assignments will not be affected by any Scene recall.

Profile photo of JoshJosh123
    JoshJosh123
    Participant

Thanks Nicola. I’ll have to update the firmware and give it a go.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.