Selected Scene Indication

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Selected Scene Indication

This topic contains 17 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ABeginner ABeginner 1 week, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glenndincnj
    glenndincnj
    Participant

Currently, I don’t believe there is any way to know which scene is selected. I would think that would be very easy to implement and very useful. A dot on the scene list page. The name of the scene on the UI somewhere. Probably other ways too.
    Additionally, it would be nice to know when a scene was “dirty” (meaning something was changed and you need to save it if you want to keep those changes).

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Juha Hartikainen
    Juha Hartikainen
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Strat
    Strat
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of ehense
    ehense
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of BobbyDazzler59
    BobbyDazzler59
    Participant

As Glenndincnj said, and having been testing out my new CQ29B, I found ways of calling and activating a chosen scene via the soft keys, basically a one touch function now, BUT , it does not show whats active in the scene list (Im using 2 iPads or 1 + the laptop displaying different screens to try out various work flows for live gigs as the keyboard player too.

Also the “Dirty” scene as he puts it, I have easily lost trial setup scenes in testing and any adjustments made need saving before switching scenes, as the faders for instance drop back to the previous setting on return.

In contrast, I have been testing with Mix Station where there are mix selectors, similar to scenes, but switching to and fro, I found that the adjustments made prior to switching mixes, are still there on return, thus you have varied band mix setups you can use, any in the fly adjustments made to any particular live mix will still be there on return I found, whereas the CQ scenes do not seem to live update if that all makes sense.

Profile photo of tob
    tob
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of WillM
    WillM
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Nognog
    Nognog
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of G
    G
    Participant

@glenndincnj and everyone else who might be interested, I have come up with a “bandaid” for this issue. Rename the mainLR to match the scene name. At least this way one has some clue as to what scene they are on until A&H addresses this issue.

Here is how:
    Recall a scene of your choosing, go to CONFIG>OUTPUTS>select “MAIN”> tap on the “Name” window below and name the main output to match the corresponding scene name.

Then save by doing the following: HOME>SCENES>highlight the correct scene>Overwrite.

Then of course just repeat the process for all other scenes.

I hope this was helpful 🙂

Profile photo of Fal
    Fal
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Bonecat
    Bonecat
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Dave71
    Dave71
    Participant

Another +1 – just discovered this issue

Profile photo of amoricanseth
    amoricanseth
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Spyros
    Spyros
    Participant

+1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.