Routing send/return FX to Liveprofessor

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Routing send/return FX to Liveprofessor

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of blue439
    blue439
    Participant

Hello, setting up our new SQ mixer, I am trying to create a couple of send/return FX in Liveprofessor, but am doing something wrong in routing as no audio shows up in LP. The SQ USB is recognized, but just the 32 input channels. I just want to send the send bus to LP. Should I route the Send bus through the SQ USB patch?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

just want to send the send bus to LP

Well reading this has my mind thinking as I used to use Reaper with multiple send receive efx in live events.
    I had no idea live professor was out there?
    Can you please tell me what LP is?
    sorry to be a noob here
    Cheers

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

LP stands for LiveProfessor.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Ah, LiveProfessor is a software of the category VST host. You can create FX chains using VST plugins and assign that to input and output channels of an audio interface, such as the SQ USB B interface. It isone way to use external effects withthe SQ.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

there are alternatives available

Waves Multirack, Waves Superrack, Cantabile, Gig Performer and Rack Performer

some pros and some cons…
    Waves hosts only Waves plugins and some third party (none on the Superrack at the moment)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.