QU16 USB Streaming to OS X Mavericks

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU16 USB Streaming to OS X Mavericks

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Hi there all,
    I’m trying to track down recording glitches when I use the QU16 with my REAPER64 DAW under Mavericks on my Mac Mini 2012 i5 (8gb).
    What I’m finding is that my mutlitrack session (only about 20 tracks and a few Izotope plugins) runs just fine – low CPU and very little RAM or disk usage but when I bounce to a master WAV and play that back- it significantly drops out about 20 sec in. The error is on the file – I hear it on other systems.

I’m not saying this is a QU16 issue at all– this is an entirely new h/w and s/w config for me that I bought specifically because I wanted to use my QU16 with my DAW for recording and re-mixing. So the issue might be anywhere and in fact I now read that Mavericks (which was pre-insalled on the Mac Mini I purchased) does not play well with audio in lots of contexts 🙁

But can I ask if anybody out there on this forum has any experience of using the QU16 as a recording interface with Mavericks and what you found?
    Many thanks
    Andy

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Andy,
    Have you updated Mavericks to 10.9.2 and your Qu-16 to V1.4?

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

I use a MacBook Pro with mavericks.
    Did a recording session a couple of weeks ago with no issue.

I use presonus studio one on the mac, and bounce down within the daw

Recorded 4 songs with abou 14 tracks on each. Qu16 running V1.3 was faultless.

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Thanks for the input all.
    Issue of drop outs on Mavericks (10.9.2) with Reaper64 seems to be resolved for me by QU16 firmware v1.4 🙂 So far anyway– I’m very pleased..

All credit where it is due– it is hard to pull this stuff together and the QU16 is a one very handy piece of gear. I’m stoked with mine 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.