Qu-Pad screen functions and USB-b recording on same ipad?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-Pad screen functions and USB-b recording on same ipad?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

Asking as I was considered a tablet for recording via usb-3, pc initially, but now also the larger screen options via the ipads.
    Can both functions be had on a single ipad?
    Thanks

Profile photo of Rich H
    Rich H
    Participant

I wish I had an answer for you. I am new to the forum and can’t seem to see where to post an original question. It appears I can only reply. Do you know how to fix that?
    I have had an iPad on my system for a while, but I use it for monitoring and adjusting.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@richh
    go to top and click on the forum to post in, which in this case is Qu
    select the general discussions on the left
    go to the bottom of the page and enter a new question

@mixsit
    Just a wild guess but I doubt you can do both on the same Ipad at the same time
    I suspect you could do either one stand alone on the same tablet

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

Fuch it. After some think&search I come to see this won’t fly on the DAWs I know anyway (‘Steinberg not being one of them.
    Oh well :>)
    I’d still be curious.. can the ipad run both at once?

volounteer
    Participant

@mixsit

I think the real question is can the Qu andor QuPad do both at once.

Recording software often (always?) has problems both recording and doing other things at the same time.

Dont know the Ipad but what DAW runs on an Ipad?

Why not record to the Qu memory stick and then transfer the file to edit?

Profile photo of mixsit
    mixsit
    Participant

The DAW list I saw (a SoundOnSound roundup) were a bunch of low end but for the Steinberg.
    My tracking on QU are live and but for one odd problem have been with good results with the QU drive. However -by way of a very good suggestion- …and when the damn virus allows.. will go with a Win tablet/DAW via the USB B, and thumb drive up top for redundancy.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

There’s too much Guesstimate going on in here from people that don’t really know!
    I have used the large iPad Pros simultaneously for years with QU 32 and QU16 [often plugged into the same Router] and from what I have learnt
    is that you can not run mutliple apps.
    HOWEVER reading yesterday after you ORIGINAL POST I did some reading
    AND from what I see its up to the APP weather it is designed for that to happen within that split screen scenario.

After doing 40 years of location recording I would not attempt to do that [ORIGINAL POST] on an iPad!
    And there is way too much midi data running from QU to Qu-Pad and that is another reason why Allen and Heath don’t allow listen to or the PFL-ing from the iPad into a headphone off the iPad.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

@mixsit
    Sure yes use 2 or 3 devices for redundancy
    As I have successfully done for quite some years. Qu-Pad for control and meters. Windows from USB-B and memory stick.

volounteer
    Participant

@mixsit
    @xyz

multiple devices would be far better than trying to do everything in an ipad

i try to have two recording devices for backup as in plan B in case one of them fails

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.