Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database

Tagged: 

This topic contains 510 replies, has 126 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike G Mike G 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 511 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Please note that this is thread is for compatibility of branded, commercially available USB Devices only.

Hi All, as you know, it’s extremely difficult and time consuming to test every USB device available on the market!

I’ve come up with a solution to community-source this info, which I hope you’ll assist with. 🙂

I’ve created a quick’n’easy form for you to enter the details of devices you’ve tested, which will generate a user-approved device list.

Before proceeding, please familiarise yourself with the information about Qu-Drive in the Qu Mixer Reference Guide V1.9 and the Understanding Qu-Drive and USB Devices knowledge base article.

Manufacturers can often change device components and specifications without notice, so you’re welcome to enter devices which have already been submitted by other users, <span style=”text-decoration: underline;”>particularly if you find different results</span>.

Again, this is for branded, commercially available USB devices only!

We’re only interested in complete sets of results so, please test all devices fully before submitting entries.

This list won’t be officially approved by A&H, but we may take the most popular devices or those with ambiguous results and test for verification.

Enter devices in the form here: https://www.allen-heath.com/usbdeviceform/

See the list of tested devices here: https://www.allen-heath.com/usbdevicelist/

Again, for further questions about Qu-Drive please refer to the Qu Mixer Reference Guide V1.9 and other Qu-Drive related threads by searching in this forum

Please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any queries.

Profile photo of speziale
    speziale
    Participant

Hello,
    I also buy a USB key sandisk cruzer 16gb made ​​.
    My problem , and that the A & H QU- 32 does not format the key !!! :
    would you have a solution ??
    Best regards
    Jeans

David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi John, you have not specified the exact model of SanDisk Cruzer.
    We have not found that this is the case with the following models, however that does not mean that this is the case now.

Cruzer Blade
    Cruzer Edge
    Cruzer Facet
    Cruzer Fit
    Cruzer Force
    Cruzer Switch

Looking at SanDisk’s website it looks like we have not tested the Glide, Orbit or U from the Cruzer series.

Can you confirm which model this is please?

Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

@harry: Could you please correct the link to Understanding Qu Drive and USB Devices? Your’s isn’t reachable without helpserve login.

Profile photo of monom
    monom
    Participant

the recommended usb drives from this website https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/default/Knowledgebase/Article/View/774/0/qu-drive–understanding-qu-drive-and-usb are not!! save. i bought exactly the Verbatim Store ‘n Go 128GB USB3.0 External SSD. that does not work.

very thankful for the list!

David Haughton
    Keymaster

@monom Hi Jürgen, have you followed the instructions in the Qu reference guide and the steps in the questionnaire for testing the device properly?

In the opening post I have said:
    “You’re welcome to enter devices which have already been submitted by other users, particularly if you find different results, as manufacturers can often change device components and specifications without notice.”

I have corrected the link to the knowledge base article and now added a field in the questionnaire where Digital Community users must enter their username for validation and clarification purposes.

Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of monom
    monom
    Participant

i bought the allen & heath recommended “Verbatim Store ‘n Go 128 GB SSD`and it does not work in any way. nothing is shown. only “no usb device” i formatted the device in fat32 with my mac, also not shown in the q16 menu.

David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, as of now, we will be removing the Verbatim Store ‘n’ Go 128 GB SSD from the compatible devices list.
    Many thanks to Jurgen for his assistance in qualifying this.
    Cheers,
    Harry.

Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

Hi Harry,

I bought the Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB (unto 245mb/s read speed,50 MB/s write) which is one of the recommended USB in the list but it is not working. I have formatted it via Utility/QU Drive but I am always getting a 512 bytes in any of my recording. Recording is running but the elapse time is not.

Then I also tried to copy to playback but the board is reading it as unsupported file.

Hope you can help me with this issue I’m facing.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure that you hit Record after arming?

Profile photo of Jun
    Jun
    Participant

oh yes Andreas. Thanks a lot. I thought the record button is enough.

Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

Good day all!
    A question of “general compatibility”.
    If a 16GB USB 3.0 drive from a particular manufacturer (PNY) worked to transfer software updates to the mixer, does that necessarily indicate a higher likelihood of a larger drive from the same maker being compatible with the QuDrive?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Easy: No
    Larger size does not necessarily provide higher speed, nor does USB3 generally mean the stick is faster than some USB2 version.
    Even if you 16GB stick works for audio streaming (does it?), it does not guarantee that a larger one would work as well.

Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

Thanks for your insight, Andreas!

Profile photo of Al
    Al
    Participant

Quick update; my daughter thought to buy me one of those PNY thumb drives because she heard me discussing it with my son… and it worked!
    I have gone ahead and filled out the form/questionnaire to let A&H know all the particulars.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 511 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.