QU 24 Adjusting Input Channel Level for All Outputs

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU 24 Adjusting Input Channel Level for All Outputs

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thale5109
    thale5109
    Participant

I apologize if this is a dumb question, the answer might be staring me in the face, but I can’t figure it out. I have my L+R Mains, floor stage monitors on Mix 1, and choir monitors on Mix 3 for all of my outputs, plus a feed for the overflow room/nursery on Alt Out and my sub is on Matrix 1-2. Is there a way to adjust the volume level over all of the outputs at the same time? For example, this past Sunday at church, to fade out the music from the CD player channels, channels 15 and 16, I had to first switch to the choir monitors and bring down the CD player level there, then switch to the floor monitors and bring it down, and finally, bring the house level down. If I just brought the house level down to fade the music out, the music would still be playing audibly through the floor monitors and choir monitors. Is there a way to have it where I can bring them down in all three outputs at once? Thanks for your help!

Thomas

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Just set the PRE/POST option on channels 15/16 to POST. Then your (presumably linked) faders will affect all channel>bus sends the same way. I think the default setting on the MIX sends is PRE.

Profile photo of thale5109
    thale5109
    Participant

We sometimes use split tracks, so to keep from having to pan L or R, we have the channels seperated. I’m going up to the church this afternoon anyway, so I’ll try your suggestion then and see what happens. Thank you!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

What you describe is the conundrum we have faced since we first started using consoles with aux sends. Whether to pre or post. The obvious problem with post is that if you adjust for the house it affects the monitors. Generally I do microphones pre and any tracks or playback post but that doesn’t always work. Do mics is to avoid feedback or hearing changes. It’s a delicate balancing act.

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Another possible approach would be to use a small sub-mixer to feed the tracks to the board so individual bus levels could be maintained while the L/R panning and other concerns/control would be addressed pre console input.

Alternatively, you MIGHT be able to do a work-around by using the channel inputs you now use, UN-ASSIGN them from the mains bus, route them out via MIX, returning to ST1 or ST2 and proceed to route them to your other buses from there.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

What you describe is the conundrum we have faced since we first started using consoles with aux sends. Whether to pre or post.

But now we can set them as required for each send and each channel, (and even choose pre PEQ etc though that’s not per channel). I used to use analogue desks costing many many thousands, and they didn’t have this flexibility.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.