Pushing through sound

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions Pushing through sound

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Wmixer101
    Wmixer101
    Participant

Hi, I have the allen and heath avantis console, im wondering how i can push my LR mix through all my local outputs rather than having to create and look after a different mix for each output

Cheers,
    w

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

1. Go to the I/O page and patch the Main LR to all output pairs on the local console.

— or —

2. If you want independent level controls, then use matrix mixes, and set the Main LR to feed the matrix, and route those to the outputs, giving each output its own level control.

Wmixer101
    Participant

How do you use matrix mixes say if i have a monitor speaker or fold back speaker in local input 1 how do i put my LR mix into that and still have my LR control aswell as an idepensant level control for that

Cheers,
    w

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

TBH, this is a product related support forum, not the place to teach somebody the absolute basic mixing skills.
    Monitor speaker on input 1? Really?

Wmixer101
    Participant

im not asking how to make a monitor, im asking how to combine LR mixes and push them through all my outputs

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

Please be nice.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

im not asking how to make a monitor, im asking how to combine LR mixes and push them through all my outputs

I have no idea what this means. Is English your native language?
    Then you should know the difference between input and output.

How do you use matrix mixes say if i have a monitor speaker or fold back speaker in local input 1 how do i put my LR mix into that and still have my LR control aswell as an idepensant level control for that

It’s still confusing to me, what you ask.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Seems like an awful waste of outputs to push the same mix out of each. Why not use a splitter coming out of one output and have the availability to do other things with your other outputs?

Profile photo of Selim Tosun
    Selim Tosun
    Participant

1- Set your AUXs post fader
    2- Set your input’s send levels 0 dB each AUX mixes
    3- Patch your mixes on I/O pages. Or you can patch only one mix to multiple physical outputs

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

You can route an output to more than one physical output via the routing tab. So while in an analog console, the main L/R mix is only going to the physical main L/R XLR outputs, on a digital desk (including the Avantis), you can route the main L/R mix to any/every physical output (XLR output 1 & 2 & 3 & 4 & 5 & 6 etc). Basically you can send any output mix to any physical output – even it is is duplicated (ie one output mix going to many physical outputs). As noted earlier, if you route it this way, every output’s signal level will be the same. Any change to that output’s fader level will affect all the outputs equally. The only way to control the volume of the various outputs independently would be at the amplifier. Obviously that would be hard to change during an event.

This is why it was suggested that you use Matrix output if you need independent control of each output’s signal level (you may or may not need this in your particular situation). A matrix is a mix of outputs mixes. You can send the main L/R mix to Matrix 1 & Matrix 2 & Matrix 3 & Matrix 4 & Matrix 5, etc, etc, etc. You can use the main L/R fader to control the overall signal level going to each matrix (if you pull the main L/R fader down 10db, the signal to every matrix will go down 10db), but each matrix will also have it’s own fader. If you need matrix 2 to output 5db more than the other matrix, you can simply turn up the fader on matrix 2 to +5db while leaving the other matrix faders at unity.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.