Pre/Post processing to Aux/Groups

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Pre/Post processing to Aux/Groups

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of arterii
    arterii
    Participant

Hello!

So, I’m having a hard time finding info regarding what kind of signal Aux’s and Groups receive…
    I’ll preface: We recorded a multitrack session and are creating our mix in a studio control room; all stage monitor Aux’s and FOH mixes are being monitored through Pro Tools out through same speaker set.

So, I’ll get right into my specific situation:
    I’m using the Groups as a way of creating “stems” of the entire show as well as applying appropriate processing (vocals, keyboards, drums).
    The output to LR is exactly as intended and we’re very satisfied with the sound. Now, we were hoping to be able to send that polished Buss mix out to monitors on stage, but the sound coming out of the Aux’s sounds almost RAW. We’re also noticing that compression on the source channel sounds bypassed when routed to an AUX send. Coming from an M32, this is a bit frustration because we were able to specify the exact tap in the signal chain to Aux sends, but it seems that the SQ7 only has a “pre” and “post” option, which we understand as only being pre and post fader moves.

Is there any way to specify that sends to Aux’s get the full processing applied on a Group Mix or Local channel?

Also, when routing a local channel to a Group Mix buss, does it take all the channel processing with it? I wanna say that I do hear THAT at least, but I’d love someone to confirm that.

Cheers!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

we were hoping to be able to send that polished Buss mix out to monitors on stage

We’re also noticing that compression on the source channel sounds bypassed when routed to an AUX send

Also, when routing a local channel to a Group Mix buss, does it take all the channel processing with it?

Are you serious? Did you tried to read the manual? Or used the search function of the “internet”
    Just a bit… there are many hints about the console and it’s possibilities and of course there is an online help that answers this questions…

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

oh forget to mention… we answered these questions here many times…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.