pink noise room

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions pink noise room

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jim
    Jim
    Participant

I would like to know the proper steps to equing a room with pink noise and a reference mic

Profile photo of Willy
    Willy
    Participant

Hello,
    Yes, I have the same question on Steps to rignout (EQuing) FOH and Wedges with pink noise and a reference Microphone.

Thanks

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

You might use a dual channel FFT program like Systune or Smaart for that purpose. Join one of their classes to learn the ins and outs. This is nothing that can be explained in 5 sentences on a forum.

Profile photo of Heirloom AVM
    Heirloom AVM
    Participant

See page 87: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

If I recall correctly, you output the SigGen to L/R. Input the mic into any channel but do not assign it to L/R. PAFL the mic channel and use the RTA while adjusting the graphic EQ on the L/R to flatten out the frequency response. Remember to reduce the gain on problem frequencies only; do not boost. Do the same thing on other Aux mixes as needed.

Profile photo of Willy
    Willy
    Participant

Hi Heirloom AVM,
    Thank you for your reply. I is so simple, I will follow the steps you just described to ringout my PA.
    So, to Tune my AUX, I just have to output SigGen to it (AUX)?

Thanks

Profile photo of Heirloom AVM
    Heirloom AVM
    Participant

Yes Willy, just output the SigGen to whatever AUX mix you are EQ’ing instead of L/R.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

For search and destroy of monitor feedback I’ll normally just open up the vocal mic
    for the given monitor mix, do a couple ole fashioned check 1 2’s push the level a bit
    till it starts to ring and notch a couple of the offending frequencies.

The mains can be a variation of that and then a check with smart.

Using the spectrograph function on the mixer would be better than the RTA.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.