PAFL to In Ear.

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions PAFL to In Ear.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lozion Lozion 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Since I exclusively use mixpad for our setup and am therefore mobile, is there a way of routing the PAFL outputs to a device/dongle with which I could cue/listen via wireless earpods (such as the Apple Airpods)? Makes sense?

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

No that is not possible as on the iPad there is only audio control but no actual audio. So if you want to listen wireless you have to use (wireless) IEMs.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Lozion,

As JeroenAudio says, the remote apps are control only. The latency and potential issues with sending audio wirelessly means that a dedicated IEM system is required.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

AES DAC to bluetooth?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I understand 200ms latency is normal for Bluetooth though some devices claim about 50ms. Still too slow for live monitoring, though I guess it may be useful for checking that something is working during setup.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

use a budget IEM system instead, that works pretty well
    sound quality highly depends on the IEM system

Profile photo of Lozion
    Lozion
    Participant

Yeah, we have a spare IEM kit I could use.. I just thought a pair of Airpods would be less bulky, lighter. Etc. Also, would help isolate my tired ears who mix 5 nights a week.
    I use molded earplugs with 12db reduction for that duty but it would be cool to check in on the mix once in a while via airpods. Btw, are the newer airpods pro a good thing to use in a live situation with the “transparency mode” and “active noise cancellation” features? Anyone know? Txs.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.