No PEAK light during ring out

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions No PEAK light during ring out

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jeff Jeff 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

I am ringing out my room to eliminate feedback with the SQ5 and my main+monitor speakers (QSC K10.2). The MainLR levels show the peak levels when I do a GEQ with fader flip, however, when they are plugged in as monitors (Aux 1-4) I do not see the peak lights for which frequencies to lower.

I am using the GEQ with fader flip on MainLR and I simply look for the red ‘PEAK’… but when I copy the process for the monitors in the aux outputs, I do not see red lights and have to use an external app on my phone to find the frequencies.

Any help is appreciated!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

there are some options to check

have a look on pages 49/50 of the Manual
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

it explains what is possible and yes it’s not easy to understand…

the fixed channel option would help with a measurement microphone/vocal microphone connected to an input channel
    you see always what the mic is picking up

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@jeff

The GEQ Fader Flip feature is effectively a version of the GEQ screen but on the surface for convenience, faster workflow and the possibility to do something else on screen at the same time 🙂
    Chromatic Channel Meters and Pk LED’s follow the Channel RTA when in GEQ Fader Flip.

To see what’s going on in two places you can:

1. Select a mix channel
    2. Press the GEQ Fader Flip key
    3. Go to the ‘Processing screen > GEQ’ (for the selected mix)
    4. Select the RTA Source to be ‘Selected Channel’
    5. Make sure the RTA is on! (though it will still display on the surface when off)

This will then be displaying the GEQ and RTA on screen as well as on the channel strips, so you should see all levels and the most prominent frequency on both.

@SteffenR is correct in saying that switching the source to ‘Fixed Channel’ and feeding a input with a measurement mic is another really handy option you have here – the difference being whether you want to see what’s being sent to the monitors (Selected Channel or Fixed, mix channel) or see what’s happening in the room (Fixed, input channel).

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Jeff
    Jeff
    Participant

All good now. THANK YOU! Works like a charm now

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.