New and in trouble No Audio at all

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting New and in trouble No Audio at all

This topic contains 24 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paul Paul 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Okay Dick, I’ll try that tomorrow and see what happens, thanks again.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Can you try getting output from any of the mix outputs?

I’m pretty much out of ideas btw 😉

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Just a theory, but if all D-A converters are on one board and there’s a ribbon cable problem to/from it, then that would probably cause what’s happening here.

I can’t see this being user error, I think it must be a hardware fault.

You said you’d talk to Thomann today; I’ve had very good experience with them when I had to send something back, so I’m sure they’ll sort you out with a replacement.

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Bob yes I have tried that, as Mark says user error has been as far as I’m concerned crossed off. A little disappointing I chose Allen and Heath because of their long standing in the business, this is a knock. Either quality control let a faulty unit through, or something has shaken loose (like Marks idea of the ribbon cable) during transit. Neither of these things inspire confidence. So what I know from all this is the digital side of things is working, digital signals can be routed around the desk out to my DAW and back, so the A/D side is working as expected, where things go pear shaped is on the D/A side of things.

So once again thank you all for your time, I was fairly sure it was a duff unit and you guys have assured me there is nothing I have missed through unfamiliarity with the gear.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

If signal is going to you daw but not the output then something has to be loose/failed. Any rattles? Ask thomman if you can peek inside to see if there is anything obviously loose?

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

No rattles, and it’s being returned. Pain in the butt as I live in the middle of nowhere here in Ireland, no DHL office in a hundred miles so have to wait for them to send out a van…What should have been a happy time of exploring my new mixer has turned into an object in frustration and another two week wait…Ah well such is life.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

🙁
    Hopefully a new mixer can be sent out whilst that one is with the courier

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

That would be nice…But not going to happen. They insist on examining the returned one before sending out the replacement. Still what I saw I liked, and next time I start out knowing more. As long as the next one works I think we will be very happy together 🙂

For sure I’ll be back and let you guys know how it goes.

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

They are a *very* nice desk… no consolation to you at the moment though…

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Well as promised the update, replacement arrived today and in no time I was up and running…Much to work out as I dig into the thing, but delighted with it. The combination of going from Logic 5 on the PC to Logic Pro X on an iMac, a new Intera 7 and the new mixer all at once is a hell of a learning curve and the dear wife is feeling like a widow as she is seeing nothing but my back as I vanish into the studio for hours on end 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.