Multiple Advantis and Advantis Director Suggestions

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Multiple Advantis and Advantis Director Suggestions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Galious Galious 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Hi Allen & Heath Team.
    I’m doing quite a bit of remote work in the Director Software, after taking over for another AV Tech, and have a few suggestions to look at adding into the software (and hardware).

* Please add the USB Record Section in the software. Because it is not accessible, the associated soft keys cannot be configured for it, nor can many of the other applicable settings.

* Please add the ability to latch a softkey in the on position as part of a scene/embedded recall, and/or allow users to latch the talkback engage in an on position. To explain this further, we use an external momentary foot switch to engage Talkback, instead of switching it on and off through the console. That said, we have a soft key configured to enable the built in talkback configs as a thru-put point so we don’t burn an input channel for the FOH TB Mic. It means though that every time we reboot the console, and restore a scene, we have to remember to activate that softkey otherwise the console won’t pass that external input through the talkback I/O.

* Please add the ability to use a keyboard to enter plain text and values for variable sets within the software. When you are trying to configure a scene offline and away from the console, it is almost impossible to use previously known values. For example, if I have a previous scene I’ve used with various settings, fader points, encoder values, etc., and I would like to migrate those values into a new scene, I have to use a Mouse to manually move the “digital console’s hardware” to those values, instead of just entering the known physical value. (Like entering -1.8dB as text, instead of grabbing a digital fader and moving it to the -1.8 point.)

* Can you give users the ability to have a “send on fader function” for Groups and/or Matrixes, so if you hit the Mix button on a group or matrix channel, individual inputs that belong to the group pop up the way they do for Auxes and DCA’s?

* Could you give users the ability to feed a Group Channel to another Group Channel? For example, if I have a Drums Group with multiple inputs, and I want to feed that as a partial mix to an additional Group called “Band” that contains other elements, I’d prefer not to use a DCA, since Groups have I/O meters currently and DCA’s don’t.

Let me know thoughts on these things.
    Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It means though that every time we reboot the console, and restore a scene, we have to remember to activate that softkey otherwise the console won’t pass that external input through the talkback I/O.

You need to program it into the scenes. Or make it recall safe, so the scene recall can’t overwrite it.
    Use a global safe should do it.

* Can you give users the ability to have a “send on fader function” for Groups and/or Matrixes, so if you hit the Mix button on a group or matrix channel, individual inputs that belong to the group pop up the way they do for Auxes and DCA’s?

Maybe you didn’t understand how it works.
    Groups will not work with “sends on faders” since there is the send value always on 100%. It’s just plain routing.
    If you press the mix button on a group, you will be able to route the inputs to this group.

Could you give users the ability to feed a Group Channel to another Group Channel?

This would disable the phase coherent mixing on the output busses.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

You need to program it into the scenes. Or make it recall safe, so the scene recall can’t overwrite it.
    Use a global safe should do it.

I will check and see. I know we have it programmed into the Scene, and it does NOT recall, but will check on the Global Safe.

Groups will not work with “sends on faders” since there is the send value always on 100%. It’s just plain routing.
    If you press the mix button on a group, you will be able to route the inputs to this group.

Prepahs you’re right, I have always assumed that the Group feed was post Mix fader… I guess I’ll have to group via Auxes or maybe matrices to get the function I want. If I could get a meter from the DCA, I’d have done that by now.

This would disable the phase coherent mixing on the output busses.

Hmm. I hadn’t thought about that.
    Still, there has to be a way to combine small groups into larger ones without use of the DCA.

Profile photo of DeadApe
    DeadApe
    Participant

Still, there has to be a way to combine small groups into larger ones without use of the DCA.

You can select a group as input source to a channel and then assign that channel to the group you want to feed into. Surely doesn’t help with phase coherency and costs an additional input (or two if you’re running stereo groups), but I guess it’s still good to know that this option exists.

Profile photo of Galious
    Galious
    Participant

Tell me, do you like to eat advocado? 😅

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.