Multi-surface embedded recall?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Multi-surface embedded recall?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

I have been trying to link a scene on one surface to a scene on another surface in a multi-surface system without success. Is this possible?

Here is my setup and what steps I have tried:
    CDM64 Mix Rack
    Primary C2500 connected to CDM64 main GigaACE port
    Secondary C2500 connected to CDM64 I/O port GigaACE card
    Firmware 1.86

Primary C2500 surface given surface role #1 “FOH1” with scenes 1-250
    Secondary C2500 surface given surface role #2 “FOH2” with scenes 251-500

On FOH1, when selecting Embedded Recall, the only system available is “My dLive.” Apparently this means that the target of embedded recalls is the Mix Rack and not the surface. However, on FOH1 it is also not possible to select a scene outside the scene range for the FOH1 role.

If I modify the scene range of the FOH1 role to include all scenes, I am then able to select any scene in embedded recall. However, when recalling the scene on FOH1, it does not appear to trigger the selected scene on FOH2.

Am I missing something or is this the intended behavior?
    Is there a preferred way to link scenes across surface roles like this?

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The embedded recall system can only target the MixRack.
    When recalling a FOH2 Scene from FOH1, the MixRack settings and parameters for FOH2 will be correctly recalled, but the FOH2 Surface settings (e.g. strip layout, softkey assignments) will not. These are only recalled when triggering the Scene locally on the Surface.
    There isn’t a better way to link Scenes across multi-surface I’m afraid.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.