Mixpad – too much tapping

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Mixpad – too much tapping

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KJ KJ 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of KJ
    KJ
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be nice, if there is “outs” on top, then on tap of that a sub tab appears with all outputs. O1 to O6 (O1 default selection) and underneath all the channels used in my scene (horizontal school if too many to fit in the screen).

That way I can easily configure all the stage monitors and in ears with breeze.

There too much tapping to go around in the app.

On fader give a “processing button” or double tap name of the fader to show processing for that channel. You can then remove current main-processing tab altogether.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I would recommend that you check out the third party app, Mixing Station. While it requires a license for the CQ, it is well worth the cost. It works on a much wider range of devices than the OEM A&H apps, and it is fully customizable. You can create your screens/layouts with all of the things you want, and none of the things you don’t want.

PS – it also gives you a work around to allow for DCA groups and mute groups which the CQ does not currently have.

Profile photo of KJ
    KJ
    Participant

Wow but that’s a shame that A&H’s own app is so incapable.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Wow but that’s a shame that A&H’s own app is so incapable.

I wouldn’t say it’s incapable, it just doesn’t have the same flexibility that the Mixing Station app does. A&H main business focus is not app development. Furthermore, A&H has to balance their research and development resources across many projects/systems. Both current and planned. So no single product or software app is ever going to be perfect or complete. But A&H does add improvements to both their hardware and software over time.

But there are clearly opportunities where a third party developer can step in and improve things. David (the developer of Mixing Station) saw a need (ie limitations in the various OEM apps) and created an app with features to fill that need. We are just lucky that Mixing Stations supports most of the A&H consoles currently because it is a really helpful tool to have. PS – Mixing Station wasn’t created for A&H consoles first, it was created for other consoles and A&H console support was eventually added.

Profile photo of KJ
    KJ
    Participant

Thanks Brian for the feedback. But I respectfully disagree with few statements. If A&H is releasing CQ20T that can only be operated by an app, they are venturing into software development domain for their product. And it should be up to par.
    No app can be perfect, I agree. But there is a level of quality and features that are expected from such a major player in the field.

I have used Soundcraft UI24R. From App perspective, it covers more than advance stuff. On hardware side, It just lacks in FX and issues with WiFi.

So does app for Midas/behringer XRAir app (hardware not as much)

That’s my humble perspective.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.