Is it possible to add a DCA?

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Is it possible to add a DCA?

This topic contains 52 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Headfirst7491 Headfirst7491 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of lextrax
    lextrax
    Participant

Hey there,

Another cool feature would be a single DCA. Really helpful for grouping vocals or instruments.
    Just a suggestion: there is a “free” fader slot on the output fader page 🙂

Thank you, Alex

Profile photo of Scott
    Scott
    Participant

+1
    Also, 1 maybe 2 mute groups.

Profile photo of bsic
    bsic
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of glenndincnj
    glenndincnj
    Participant

And if you decide to implement one or more DCAs, do yourself a favor and look at Mackie’s DL line implementation of one. It is spot on! I use it to set one DCA for the FOH and an Aux that goes to the subs for the perfect Aux Subs setup. One fader controls both. Can’t do this on QSC even (can’t add FOH to a DCA). Can’t do it on Soundcraft Ui. And the way Mackie “ghosts” the faders is fantastic.

Profile photo of mfusa
    mfusa
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Alex aus Rehau
    Alex aus Rehau
    Participant

+1 Mute Groups and DCA would be great

Profile photo of Softcopper
    Softcopper
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Shakes
    Shakes
    Participant

A DCA or 2 would be very useful or at the very least, the ability to GANG channels together.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I saw that Mixing Station has begun beta support of the CQ series consoles in their latest version. That software will allow for DCAs even if the console doesn’t support it. It’s one of the features David has written into the base code of the app. It’s probably worth checking out, even if it’s still a Beta release.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Can’t see how Mixing Station could have a true DCA without the mixer having that function. Maybe it’s a channel ganging function with a dedicated common control fader via the APP.

Profile photo of robbocurry
    robbocurry
    Participant

Hey Mike, I think that’s exactly how it works – it’s just a matter of A&H coding it up for us:)

I have Mixing Station but only used it as a backup until now. A more familiar interface plus this feature might propel it forward for me for CQ use. I’m jumping back and forward trying to do things that were easy on Qu-Mix or MS🤯

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I have had Mixing Station on my iPad for a few years now and still haven’t actually used it on a gig/show. Only ever played about with it offline.

Probably because I find the Mixapp for QU to be straightforward to use. However, I am likely to investigate MS further with the release of the CQ Mixapp.

Profile photo of Butcher
    Butcher
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Don-Alabama
    Don-Alabama
    Participant

Adding my voice – add multiple DCA groups and mute groups please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.