Mixing in drum loops from cubase

Forums Forums Other A&H products Mixing in drum loops from cubase

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of nelly nelly 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nelly
    nelly
    Participant

Hi,

I have zedi10fx – I’m really enjoying the interface/mix aspects that let me play silently with my tutor online and practice silently.

I have Zedi sending M1-M2-L-R through usb and this is allowing me to easily send guitar & mic to zoom via zedi-10 3&4. This is working great. You wouldn’t believe the hassle I went through prior to getting the mixer hence really grateful to the team for providing an affordable mixer. You’ve helped me keep peace with my neighbours 🙂

I’ve installed Cubase elements that came with Zedi in the past few weeks and I’m exploring creating a drum loop on an instrument track in Cubase. I’m sick of playing with a metronome.

Is it possible for me to get the instrument track routed back into mixer : main L/R & zedi-10 3&4?

Note, I don’t need the effects on the mixer for this scenario. I may want to record through main L/R but that isn’t a priority just yet.

I have mic in M1, Amp DI in M3/M4 (stereo from spark amp) and I’m monitoring with headphones. I’m not using the Stereo 1/2 ins on the mixer.

I was thinking this would be possible just by creating an output bus in Cubase – I have the zoom audio coming into st2 and that leaves st3. Is my thinking correct?

Thanks in advance.

Nelly

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of nelly
    nelly
    Participant

I seem to have this working. All I had to do was create a output bus in cubase to M3/M4 (Stereo) that is pushing Drums from daw into the mix with guiar and mic. I need to do a little more balancing of mix but I was surprised this worked. PFL is a super feature.

I haven’t tried recording yet.

This seems to get the USB sources combined with the mix by default even when I have something already plugged into the inputs 🙂

Sweet that we have this mix integration to overcome limits in the interface.

Stereo drums / Stereo guitar / Mono mic – rock on.

Please forgive my lack of knowledge on this I’m used to working with interfaces.

I have my eye on CQ-18T for the future but this should do me for now.

Nelly

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.