Maybe Have the MixRack Tell Things It’s Turning Off

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions Maybe Have the MixRack Tell Things It’s Turning Off

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Not really a big deal, but I always feel sorry for the Director software when I shut down the system. It was happily connected to its MixRack, and then, without warning, its connection gets lost! And then it frantically screams into the void, trying to reconnect to something that isn’t even there anymore… so sad… so lonely…

Ok, so the write-up’s a bit tongue in cheek, but is there any advantage to that? Seems to me like there would be, but I’m not sure.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t think the Mix Rack knows its getting turned off.

Of course the surfaces have the “power off” button on the touchscreen, but I don’t think that does anything to the Mix Rack. Our system has two surfaces and powering off either or both has no apparent effect on the Mix Rack. In fact while we routinely power off the surfaces, we leave the Mix Rack powered on 24/7 and it happily passes audio from room mics to security cameras and the like.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

You know, I’m not sure… there might be enough juice in the MixRack’s various capacitors that it’d have time to broadcast a “power’s out” packet before it actually loses power. You’d have to send it fast though, and I don’t know if it’s setup to monitor itself like that.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I don’t quite understand the problem.

When the Mixrack is switched off, the Director software can no longer make contact. It keeps trying, of course, because it could be that the interruption was only brief – for whatever reason. Then it reports that it has lost the connection.
    What is unusual about that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.