Matrix questions

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis troubleshooting Matrix questions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Yvo Yvo 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Hi,

DISCLAIMER: I don’t have a console at my disposal yet, so I’m going on what I’m seeing in the director app, without an actual signal flow.

I chose to have a LCR+ master bus and subs on aux 8 And I chose to have the LR on a single fader.

I’d prefer to route each of those buses to mono matrices however.
    L, R, C, S.
    The thing is, there’s no balance control on the send to the matrix from my stereo bus.
    So when I send from the stereo master bus to the “L” matrix, I am all but certainly sending a mono summed LR mix. This won’t do of course.

Am I missing something? Is there no way to send only one channel of a stereo bus to a mono matrix?

Thanks

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

To use a single fader for the master makes it not possible to use the LCR as single sources for the mono matrices…

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

Thanks.

That’s a little disappointing but I can work around that.

I’ll make a DCA for the masters or I’ll eliminate the masters completely and send from sub groups straight to the matrices.

I will put in a feature request for balance controls on sends from stereo sources though, whether they are mono or stereo sends.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.