MADI through MGB to Soundgrid split?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions MADI through MGB to Soundgrid split?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pete.j pete.j 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Hi all,

While waiting for the SuperMADI I/O card, I wondered if I could use the Digigrid MGB to split audio from a DiGiCo rack to my Waves V3 card?

I have been asked to run monitors on my console, with Digico on FOH and stagerack.

Have anyone tried this? Do I need a Soundgrid compatible network switch to connect my computer and set the devices up for sync and sample ratings?

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

I haven’t tried that exactly. But it should work just fine. I’ve done it with the dLive at FOH and an X32 via MGB (before the X-WSG card) at monitors. Yes, you will need a Soundgrid compatible switch to connect the MGB, computer and your dLive rack. You would then use your outputs from your dLive for the monitors. Latency should be < 3ms.

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Cool, good to know you have tried a similar setup. Is the SuperMADI card on the market yet? Haven’t seen any availability in Sweden yet. It’s a bit more convenient to get rid of a computer and switch in between. 😉

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

From my stock reports, it looks like it should arrive in the US sometime in October.

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Can confirm that this setup works like a charm. External switch isn’t needed since the Waves v3 card has it built in.

Profile photo of pete.j
    pete.j
    Participant

… I think I’m little to late, but anyways:

– yes you can use MGB as a “format converter” as it is noting als – MADI-to-SoundGrid the other way round. You just need to to a Device-to-Device-Patch (MGB-to-Waves V3 and back) under SoundGrid Studio software
    – you don’t need a Switch, as the Waves V2 and V3 have a built in 3 Port switch for exactly this. On port for MGB, one for your computer and (if you use) one für a SoundGrid Server.

Cheers Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.