macOS updates and dLive Director: Compatibility update?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions macOS updates and dLive Director: Compatibility update?

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mikki Mikki 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

Now that macOS Sonoma has been released (Sept 26), we are now two OS versions behind.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Yep, and Apple always installs the latest OS when they package their machines, so the best you’ll ever be able to do do is get a Mac with the previous version installed and that’s if you’re lucky. Unless it’s an odd configuration, anything bought now will most likely come with macOS 14. I had the same conversation with Midas support — if you’re going to claim macOS support, you really need to support the latest OS since that’s probably the only version users putting together a new rig will be able to get. They eventually acknowledged I had a point, but we ended up going with A&H so I don’t know if Midas acted on the feedback.

Profile photo of abeness
    abeness
    Participant

That’s an excellent point, Dave. A&H, I really hope you can find a way to help us out with faster compatibility updates.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

dLive Director V1.98 now supports Sonoma and Ventura.

dLive Software

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

Thanks, Nicola!

Profile photo of Zistan
    Zistan
    Participant

When is the Apple Silicon/Universal version planned for the Director? Now, in fact, it works through double conversion and slows down even on my powerful M1 MAX.

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

In my eyes 1.98 and the Ventura/Sonoma compatibility should be seen as a “hotfix”, so A&H gains time in development of something bigger. In return, it might be they are probably not even close yet. Prove me wrong 🤪

Profile photo of mackosky_
    mackosky_
    Participant

Hi, I have osx sonoma and director 1.98. Why i can’t choose mixrack and surfaces ?

Profile photo of Mikki
    Mikki
    Participant

It seems to be a bug that a lot of people experience. As a workaround, you can choose mixrack/surface under “system” when logged in.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.