M-waves card crashes lan

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting M-waves card crashes lan

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike Mike 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I have a SQ6 and have just installed a M-waves soundgrid card. Everything works fine except one thing. If I connect both the SQ6 ethernet port and a port from the M-waves card to the same IP switch the lan crashes.

I know it would be better to have a separate lan for soundgrid but that requires a lot of new cables in a very large building so I was hoping I could use the existing lan (with internet connection). It works if I just connect the M-waves card to the lan OR if I just connect the mixers ethernet port. But that means that I can either use soundgrid OR remote control the mixer through mixpad. I want to do both at the same time. When I say that the lan crashes I mean that it locks up in the whole bulding. Everyone on that lan looses their connection with each other and internet. Iā€™m becoming a very popular guy… šŸ˜‰

Am I doing anything wrong or is this the way it is supposed to be? Both mixer and card is updated with latest firmware.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Turn of theinternal control network bridge of the card.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

If you switch the control network bridge ON, the you don’t need to connect the SQ6 ethernet port to that lan.

If the bridge is on, the two ports are internally “connected”! (at least in my case with the Dante card)

So there’s (I think) NO need to double connect the console to one LAN!

greetings,
    dd

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

Thank you sir! That solved it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.