lock channels in DCA spill

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions lock channels in DCA spill

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 3 days, 17 hours ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of advance
    advance
    Participant

I’m realy enjoying the new DCA spill with the spill selected option a lot.
    But I’m missing heavily the option to lock all or some of the DCA Masters in place when I’m spilling one. So you could lock all your 8 DCA to the most right strips and could spill to the remaining strips on the left.
    I love that on other consoles because you never loose control of your whole mix. You have your spill tracks on your left, where you need to fix something. But if something else gets out of balance in the meanwhile, you can easily cope, because you still have control over the bigger picture on your right.
    As it is now, you need to press some buttons first, before you can do so. That’s often just not fast enough.

Profile photo of clarocque
    clarocque
    Participant

I agree with this 100%. I just added a SQ5 and SQ7 to our inventory and so far the only thing I do not like about the SQ is how the other VCAs disappear when using the spill feature. An option to lock all of the VCAs to the surface when spilling the contents of a VCA would be great. The ability to immediately select another VCA to access the contributions to that VCA will substantially improve the VCA spill usability on the SQ series.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

a workaround for the moment could be
    to add the “DCA spill” buttons to the User keys
    that saves one button press

and you can easyly build a DCA group with your money channels as a “POP Group”

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Sorry, terminology? I don’t know what “POP Group” means.

Thanks.

D.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Midas Pro series… Population groups
    a button that spills a group of channels (populates them on the surface)

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Ah. Thank you.

D.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.