Listen Mode/Monitor Mode/Gain Structure

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Listen Mode/Monitor Mode/Gain Structure

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SQuser SQuser 1 day, 14 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Luke Smyth
    Luke Smyth
    Participant

Hey guys, having a weird one today.

I have an SQ6 with local I/O and 1x DX168. I’m doing an analogue split with FOH (I’m on mons) into the local I/O and DX box. I have great Cosmic Ears and using PSM1000’s for IEM’s. Normal full band with TB’s, Click etc.

The problem I have is that the signal coming into my SQ is SO hot. Every single channel needs a pad and some need padded as low as -15 to -20 (no headroom). My IEM cue pack is at 4/5 out of 10 and no extra gain added or coming from the PSM’s.

The SQ6 is in monitor mode and I’m using the listen level feature.

Does anyone know why on earth every single channel would be coming in so hot? I can’t bring any faders to Unity or not have a pad on every channel without blowing my ears. As I said, I’m only on 4/5 out of 10 on my IEM and the levels on the channel strips would peak if not padded. (FOH feeling normal on a Quantum 338).

Any help would be much appreciated, just seems so off to me. Thanks 🙂

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

> having a weird one today.
    And yesterday everything was really normal?

What happens if you connect a dynamic microphone directly to your SQ instead of using the splitter?
    Is the level still so high?
    If not, then it must be the splitter.
    How do you split?
    What hardware do you use for it?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.