At least 6 stereo mix out on CQ series!

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions At least 6 stereo mix out on CQ series!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Smilzo Smilzo 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

It seems impossible to me, but after some shows I agree with increasing number of separate stereo mix… for outboard processing a stereo out is needed, leaving only 4 mono (2 stereo) for monitoring. One for mixer tech, one for stage.

JoLeFo suggest to add the ability to have separate mix for each headphones.

5 AUX stereo monitor outs on the 18t! WOW!!!

I remember Keith tell us there are CPU limit of the max number of different mixes (I don’t know if it refers to adding channel to a mix or simply adding an already processed channel to a group).

I wish the AUX out (TRS outputs balanced mono) were switchable into TRS unbalanced mono (doable only if software balanced).

Are there other way to increase the number of out mix?
    What do you think? Maybe a second generation CQ wish?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@smilzo

As you say, that would be a suggestion for a second generation or another range and not something that could be done with a firmware update.
    The CQ hardware (core, processing, control, memory, DAC, sockets etc…) was spec’d to provide the stereo Main LR plus 6 mono/3 stereo outputs it has, and note that balancing of the outputs is at a hardware level.
    To try and clarify what a mix/output is – it’s a block in the core used to sum signals from input channels and apply processing before sending out to a socket.
    So in short, all core inputs and outputs already have I/O sockets and you’re right, it’s impossible to provide more outputs with the current hardware (sorry!).

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

Hi Ken,

tnx for the reply!

a mix/output is – it’s a block in the core used to sum signals from input channels and apply processing before sending out to a socket.

Very helpful, tnx!
    The headphones out have no processing (no eq, comp, limiting, etc).
    I guess if the CQ has spare processing power to listen to multiple channel on the headphone (sum only the channel that have Listen active)…

The way headphones should be used on stage are to listen to a single channel pre fader or a group of channel post fader (to hear clearly the balance of the group, say a drum set or a vocal choir).

The result could be a flexible on the fly group listen, without additional channel processing except summing at sockets!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.