Mono track and Main outs

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Mono track and Main outs

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Smilzo Smilzo 5 hours, 26 minutes ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DaveNJ
    DaveNJ
    Participant

Hey all, I have a gig this Friday night and I’ll be using my CQ-20B for the band with some mic splitters like so:

Mic -> Mic Splitter -> (CQ-20B & FOH)

We’re going to be using the CQ-20B for the band’s monitoring, only.

Pretty standard, but I’ll also need to take one channel that comes from a Mac via USB to the CQ-20B and give that to the FOH engineer. As we’re using all 6 AUXs for IEMs, I wanted to see the best way to get that mono track out to the FOH.

I guess I could just route that track only to the Mains and give those two to the FOH engineer, but wanted to see if I only needed to give him one side of the means as it’s a mono track.

Appreciate the help in advance!

Profile photo of DaveNJ
    DaveNJ
    Participant

I guess I could just pan it in this scene – that should work. if anyone has a better idea, happy to hear it.

Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

If you are not using mains out, than simply feed the mains with USB mono track and give only L (or R) out. No need to pan.

Profile photo of DaveNJ
    DaveNJ
    Participant

Thanks – since we need to have that track in our in-ear mixes, I don’t think it would work if we did that, would it?

Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

You already have the usb channel in-ears (using sends pre-fader). You should adjust usb channel mains level as needed. Set ch mains levels to zero in any other channel. Should work, usb into mains, usb into in-ears plus your mix. Maybe I get something wrong? Post fader levels?

I wish there were channels mains on/off button to make sure nothing unwanted goes into main, but as it is it should work setting mains ch levels to 0.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.