Faders zoom/fine tuning

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Faders zoom/fine tuning

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Smilzo Smilzo 1 day, 2 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

Problem: when adjusting fader volume of a channel it is very difficult to make small adjustment (I added 3 db in the middle of a guitar solo, axeman was the only one happy…).
    Now scale go from +10 to Off (-50db?), with something like half a db steps.

I wish there was an option to make fader fine tuning (both on device and tablet/app)

It could be useful to switch from +3 to -3 RELATIVE to the “actual position”, with finer steps.

IE: When fader is at -2 db, then scale could be +1, -5 db in finer steps (0.1 db).

Any Suggestions? Ideas? User Custom scale? Auto “maxed finest” scale?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@smilzo

On the app, touch a fader and it will highlight yellow to show you’re controlling it.
    Up and down movement on top of the fader means the fader will follow your finger exactly.
    BUT if you keep your finger on the screen and move away to the left or right, you will get fine control, as described here – https://www.allen-heath.com/content/uploads/2023/09/CQ_User_Guide_V1_2_0_iss3.pdf#page=23&zoom=auto,-367,442

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of Smilzo
    Smilzo
    Participant

Tnx Keith, I must say I always used the fine control but WITHIN the channel area… my mind tell me no to go out of a border… now the imagine show clearly that I was wrong!
    I’ll give it a try. The problem is not at home, but is on stage, with loud music, where you have to be fast and precise. Any sliding interruption (vibrations or any damn Murphy event!) and your finger may ended controlling another channel level, not very fine…!

Maybe it could be saver to reverse this function, more user friendly? When you are over the fader, fine tuning. As you swept rght/left the adjustment became faster and faster…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.