iOS 9 and Mixpad app – crashes! Anyone else?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions iOS 9 and Mixpad app – crashes! Anyone else?

This topic contains 68 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Techolive Techolive 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Hotlegs,
    The mix sends, assignments etc. are stored in the iLive, so your mix will sound exactly the same.
    However the strip layout in the app and layer names / permissions are stored locally on the iPad, so you’ll have to reconfigure the app.

Profile photo of jb12string
    jb12string
    Participant

Nicola,
    Is there any info that the users who are experiencing the crash can provide that would help your troubleshooting?

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Just been reading through the Yosemite/editor thread…. There is no hope!! Just feel like binning the lot at this point.

Profile photo of altoproxima
    altoproxima
    Participant

Am I glad to hear I’m not the only one having issues with IOS 9. Luckily I still have my Dell Windows 7 PC to run my shows. Any Idea when the patch/update for the Mixapp will be released ? Running around stage with this half rugged laptop isn’t really something I plan on doing for a very long time.
    I will give it a try to downgrade IOS 9 to 8.4.1 if apple is still signing 8.4.1 otherwise we’re all royally screwed.

Profile photo of Genesis Services
    Genesis Services
    Participant

Like i said at the beginning of the topic, I’ll wait for the update and then move to ios9. My monitor mix is being done on an ipad by someone who has learned to move very fast around the settings. For me it would be a disaster if mixed stopped working. I even have 2 ipads in iOS 8 running mixpad. I rather buy another ipad if i feel the need for ios 9 so much that i cannot wait for the clearance of allen and heath.

Profile photo of hotlegs
    hotlegs
    Participant

I go back to ios8 – like andy wrote – Yosemite is a pain in the a… I see no fix for ios9 in near future.

jb12string
    Participant

Anybody have success going back to 8.4.1?

Profile photo of hotlegs
    hotlegs
    Participant

Yes but fu.. Apple – it’s a lot of work. iTunes backup is not really a backup. I was always a apple guy but in future I go with windows and android.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

I didn’t think it was possible to go back an iOS.

jb12string
    Participant
    Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

Yip
    iPad 2 air, ios9 software crashes after attempting log in, just returns to desktop.

jb12string
    Participant

Just plugged my iPad to rollback to iOS9 and got notification that 9.0.1 is out, I’ll try that to see if it works…

jb12string
    Participant

No luck on 9.0.1 🙁

Profile photo of lautsound
    lautsound
    Participant

I am back on IOS 8.4.1 NO CRASHES anymore !!!!

Profile photo of Genesis Services
    Genesis Services
    Participant

one of my ipads is an ipad 2 is getting pretty slow and the battery is also no more what it use to be, so i think i need to buy a new ipad shortly.
    @ A&H, can you say anything about an update for iOS 9 at all? I don’t feel like buying a new ipad and going through a lot of trouble to downgrade it to iOS 8. after all it is my understanding that live is still being sold by the resellers. It would be very odd to stop support for a product that is still being sold as new.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.