Input layer midi mapping

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Input layer midi mapping

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AnythingWF AnythingWF 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AnythingWF
    AnythingWF
    Participant

Hello.

Don’t know if this has been addressed yet, but I would like to ask if it is possible to map the input layer select buttons. They do not send midi data, as the mutes and solo’s do. Or is it possible to send a midi message to the select button on the input layer? And if not, would this be possible in a midi protocol update? I am trying to connect daw control with the input layer and am a little stuck.

Kind regards

Anže

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I guess selection is only sent from the custom layer (search for “strip keys” in Qu MIDI Protocol.

AnythingWF
    Participant

Thank You for your quick reply.

I dont think the strip keys will help as they are only in the custom layer. I am trying to connect all the select buttons from the Custom layer to the select buttons in the Input layer. Is there any way to send midi data to the input layer select buttons?

Kind regards

Anže

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Why do you specifically want to use the input layer Sel keys?

DC

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Some of the soft keys are assignable to send midi commands IIRC?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but once you assign a channel from the input layer to a custom layer channel doesn’t the select button automatically follow, meaning that when you hit the select button on the custom layer channel it is exactly the same as hitting the select button on the corresponding input channel assigned to that custom layer channel?

AnythingWF
    Participant

I want to connect (merge) the input layer select with the custom layer selects because i have mapped the SSL mixer in Reason 9 on the input layer. So i want the custom layer selects to control the input layer selects (to the corresponding channel ofc) for ease and workflow. I want to integrate daw control (custom layer) with the input layer, so we would have a 48 channel (32 on the input layer, 16 on the mix layer) mapped ssl on the QU mixer and be able to contol it on the custom layer. In fact the whole strip on the Reason SSL can be mapped perfectly via the touchscreen on the QU mixer input layer and works extremely well. No the two layer selects are not linked. Yes the soft keys do send midi which i have assigned elsewhere.

Kind regards

Anže

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.