Input Direct Out Pre or Post Trim?

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Input Direct Out Pre or Post Trim?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pilotspike pilotspike 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

Hello,

Does anyone know if I can set the Direct Outs for Inputs to be post Preamp but pre-trim on a GLD112? The block diagrams make me think that this is not possible. The scenario is a case where I want to to feed the monitor output via input direct out, but give my FOH guys the trim control on the surface so that if they need to adjust the input stage for the house they don’t hose up the IEM mixes.

Any help or alternate ideas would be appreciated.

John

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

The bigger question is will you have enough outputs to do all the mics you need? There are only a total of 24 if you have all the stage boxes plus the desk. But you need some of those for mains, auxes, Etc. Not like an analog desk where most have a DO for every channel separate from normal outputs. If you only need a few the you should be ok. As for your primary question I am not positive but think it is farther downstream. Will try to verify. Maybe someone has immediate knowledge.

pilotspike
    Participant

I believe we are talking about slightly different things. When I say monitor output I mean the digital monitor output on the AR that feeds either AVIOM or ME-1. I have assigned the appropriate inputs to the digital monitor sends (on the I/O page) but have already had a few occurrences where an unforeseen change on the channel pre’s changed the band’s Ear mix. Id love to set the direct out sends to the monitor output “pre trim” so that the FOH guy can just use trim in case something needs to change.

John

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sorry. Misunderstood what you are doing. Don’t have a console setup right now to test. On demo to customer.

George
    Mid-America Communications A/V

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hello John,

Direct Outs cannot be set pre digital Trim, but you can patch ‘Input Sockets’ to the Monitor outputs – this is the signal straight after the preamp. One drawback is you won’t get your GLD channel names to ME-1 as sockets are simply called ‘dSNAKE 1’ or ‘Exp 1’ etc.

Hope this helps,
    Nicola

pilotspike
    Participant

Thanx Nicola,

In the end what we have ended up doing is ordering a whole ME-1 system and get rid of the AVIOM rig. With the built in limiters, etc., I think the ME-1 system will help to alleviate the issue of pounding dynamics.

John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.