In-Ear Station Settings Changing

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting In-Ear Station Settings Changing

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of arretx arretx 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #78614
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

    I’m a bit confused on how the in-ear monitor stations receive information from the desk. We have the personal monitors and distribution hub and I’ve noticed that when scenes are loaded, the key-mappings on the monitors are changing. Actually, I’m not certain that it’s a result of the scenes being changed, but that’s the only thing that’s changing on the desk.

    For instance, our drum group on most of the in-ear stations has all of the drum’s input channels added, but when I switch scenes, two of the channels are removed from the group. When I switch back to the previous scene, the removal sticks and they aren’t added back.

    Can someone shed light on what’s happening? Thanks.

    #78623
    Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

    Hi Arretx,

    If you block Output Patch in the Global Filter, does is resolve the issue?

    Go to Scenes > Global Filter and change Output Patch so that it says Block.

    Thanks!

    Alex

    #78739
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

    Haven’t tested it yet, but would I want to Block ALL output patch, or just the names?

    #78740
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

    I’ve tested it now and it’s not making a difference. The names are being transmitted to the ME-U as I can see them sync on the web interface and on the ME-1’s but what’s happening is that two of the channels that were previously in a group of 6X on the ME-1 have been removed and the group has been reduced to 4X. I can’t seem to prevent this from happening.

    There doesn’t seem to be anything different about the channels on the QU-32. We have 1-5 set as Drum inputs with cannel 13 as the overheads, so 6 total inputs grouped on the ME-1. What could be causing this?

    #78751
    Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

    Hi Arretx,

    Could you also check the same for the scene filter?

    If you’re still have trouble, please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we will look into this further with you.

    Thanks!

    Alex

    #78759
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

    The Scene filter is where I started before using the global filter. I have a hunch…

    One scene has 6 channels that are unlinked. 1,2,3,4,5 and 13.

    The other scene renames channels 1-5 and creates a linked pair between 1/2 and 3/4 with 5 being unlinked.

    I think the linked channel of each pair gets removed from the group because it’s linked. Seems like a bug, unless it’s by design.

    #78775
    Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

    Hi Arretx,

    Could you forward your show file in a ticket at support.allen-heath.com please?

    We will try to recreate the behaviour.

    Thanks!

    Alex

    #78781
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

    Should be simple to re-create. Just create two scenes. One with channel strip 1 and 2 unlinked and one *with* them linked. On the ME-1, group channels 1 & 2.

    When you switch to the scene with the linked channels, the 2nd channel will be removed from the group on the ME-1.

    Logically, I think this makes sense, since I wouldn’t need two independent channels on the ME-1 to be grouped when I could simply have one that’s receiving audio from both 1&2.

    The only thing it does is create an organizational problem for the musician.

    What I haven’t tried yet is re-booting the ME-U after the scene is switched to see if it will bring back the groupings. Also, recalling the configuration for the user on the ME-1 seems to fix the problem as well.

    #78782
    Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

    Hi Arretx,

    When you link channel 1 & 2 on the mixer, these are seen as ONE stereo channel at the ME-1 end. Therefore as you say, this is expected behaviour. Channel 2 is removed from the group because there is no longer a channel 2. It becomes the right side of stereo Channel 1. With a single level control as you would expect for a stereo channel.

    #78783
    Profile photo of arretx
    arretx
    Participant

    Yes, that’s exactly what I discovered.

    It’s a small thing so I don’t think we have to worry about it.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.