iLive Editor LCR Sub – Centre?

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions iLive Editor LCR Sub – Centre?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Flobbit Flobbit 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Flobbit
    Flobbit
    Participant

We are very close to deploying an iLive T112 (next Monday). I think our show file is about ready, but I have struggled with the centre channel. I really like having a non-aux feed sub, but we have a mono system. So I setup the iLive system in the editor as LCR+Sub and we just will not use the L & R. Questions is, how do we direct sound to the centre channel in the iLive editor? There is a knob for sub & a knob for Pan, but no knob for C. Am I missing something?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Flobbit
    Flobbit
    Participant

I just now realized I prolly should have posted this in troubleshooting. Sorry.

So, to be a little more clear, my question is does Pan straight up mean centre? If so, will stereo fx returns get routed to centre?

Thanks!

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

According to the firmware manual there are 2 different LCR template show files.

FOH-LCRpan gives LCR with just a pan control so that the pan control goes from left through centre to right.
    FOH-LCRplus gives an extra Blend control so that pan goes left-right and blend does LR-C

Looking at my editor offline I can’t see these options, only FOH-LCR so maybe these template shows only exist on the hardware.

I have an iDR16 by my chair in the living room (I know, sad eh?), I’ll hook up editor to the mixrack and see what templates I find.

MJCElectronics
    Participant

OK, those shows are not on the mixrack nor on a fairly new R72 surface.

I found them on a USB stick so I must have copied them from an iLive system at some point.

The FOH-LCRplus template replaces the Sub control with a Blend control so you lose the “aux fed” Sub bus.
    I guess you could use a mono aux like in the old days if you want both.
    I can confirm that the normal LCR mode will send signal to only the Centre bus if you have pan central, thus you can only send each mono channel to a maximum of 2 main buses at a time (L&C or R&C). If you need to feed all 3 from a single input you need LCRplus.

PM me and I can send you the template shows if you want them to play with.
    Scratch that, you can get LCRplus from Setup – Mixer Config in the menu, mix config tab, MAIN drop down option.
    No need for the template shows.

MJCElectronics
    Participant

Rereading the original post if you’re running mono mains there’s no need for any of this LCR stuff, just set your mains to LR+sub and use either L or R to drive your mains, leave all pan controls central.
    Setting up LCR is just eating up an extra mix bus that you could use for something else.

Profile photo of Flobbit
    Flobbit
    Participant

I will give that a try. Thank you very much!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.