HUI/3rd party control

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions HUI/3rd party control

This topic contains 21 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of drumm1n drumm1n 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yoely
    Yoely
    Participant

+1 midi control please!

Profile photo of phillyone
    phillyone
    Participant

Only thing preventing me from purchasing the cq-18t is midi control!!! We have our mixer inside our performance room but would like to control it from within the control room without the app! We currently use a streamdeck and a few other devices, such a shame theres no midi or programmable remote control. No automatic way to copy off recordings through REST API/FTP or anything? An HTTP Restful API for the CQ would also be AMAZING, allowing developers to build custom apps around this!!

Either way, it appears Allen & Heath haven’t realised by marketing this as a mixer for live bands, that this is actually the worlds best podcast mixer! Have a look at the Rodecaster Pro ii or the Mackie DLZ Creator, these are both the same price with half the functionality and this blows the socks off of both of them, literally for the same price (maybe it needs an idiot mode with a simpler ui controls)! but since my rodecaster pro ii has midi control, I cannot give it up yet! Come on Allen & Heath, where is the midi control??? The moment I see this update, you’ve got my money!!

Profile photo of Martin B
    Martin B
    Participant

No-brainer purchase of the CQ-18 if it had MIDI compatibility through the app (remotely controllable) AND a simple matrix solution with basic processing for sub-out or FF.

Profile photo of Robert
    Robert
    Participant

Since my original post, Mixing Station has added support for the CQ.

$10 for Mixing Station (desktop, $6 app) seems like a no-brainer if you want all this.

Native MIDI would be nice, but I can live with giving an independent developer $10 for his efforts.

Profile photo of Matt
    Matt
    Participant

+1 for midi control

I agree with phillyone, a hurdle keeping me from purchasing the cq-18t is midi control as well. Speaking to other technicians in my area, they have all agreed as well. On an edge-case (but useful for us) it would be great to be able to connect it to something similar to a Behringer X-Touch which has faders (some, even motorized). We also use Streamdecks for our events, which would be fantastic for programmable remote control.

Profile photo of Stix
    Stix
    Participant

As Keith said – you can use the Mixing station app with midi controllers to control the CQ. I’ve just custom mapped a Mackie control Universal and it’s great – except be aware there are currently bugs in Mixing Station after v2.0.3 with midi / Mackie Control. I use with a touch screen laptop and wifi for remote mixing.

Profile photo of drumm1n
    drumm1n
    Participant

+1 for midi control.

My band runs click/cue/bckg tracks via DaW that also sends midi to gtr and vocal pedals, page turners, set list managers, and lighting. As it stands, the CQ20B is the dummiest (deaf, dumb, and blind) device in the system.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.