HPF (High-Pass Filter) on Mix Busses

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions HPF (High-Pass Filter) on Mix Busses

This topic contains 72 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Quite possibly THE most requested feature but with the least interest from the factory. It is frustrating.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

There’s an HP knob and switch on the front panel. They don’t work on buses.

I consider this a bug.

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

If it works as intended, it isn’t a bug.

DC

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

If it works as intended, it isn’t a bug.

It doesn’t work at all, for no apparent reason.

I get that companies leave off high end features in order to drive customers upward in their lines. This one makes no sense, though. People on A&H’s upscale mixers are more likely to be interfacing with systems that have accessible DSP. It’s the punters in the trenches that need HPF on our outputs.

Profile photo of yd
    yd
    Participant

+1 for HPF on mix buses.
    Thank’s

Profile photo of DiMA
    DiMA
    Participant

Wow I didn’t know such simple feature is not there yet, and we’re getting SQ5..
    Definitely +1

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I get that companies leave off high end features in order to drive customers upward in their lines. This one makes no sense, though. People on A&H’s upscale mixers are more likely to be interfacing with systems that have accessible DSP. It’s the punters in the trenches that need HPF on our outputs.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I’ve never understood this obvious omission.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

I don’t recall A&H ever even responding to this request in the forums, which seems like another omission that that I cannot understand.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Barryjam: I really think these guys have never ran a sound system before.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t recall A&H ever even responding to this request in the forums, which seems like another omission that that I cannot understand.

they stated many times that they read nearly all posts

Profile photo of Valentyn L
    Valentyn L
    Participant

+1 for HPF/LPF on Auxmixes

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi All,

We do monitor feature requests on this forum and through other channels as @steffenromeiss said, and whilst we don’t always respond publicly, we regularly discuss common requests internally.

Regarding HPF on outputs, there are architectural reasons why this isn’t trivial to implement, and hasn’t been addressed so far, if we do find a solution however, development will be prioritised against other feature requests as we know you’re screaming out for it!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Keith,

Thank you for the reply. Your response about architectural reasons makes so much more sense to me than than user beliefs that you ignore users or attempt to force users into more expensive products.

This does beg the question as to why you haven’t shared this exact same response much earlier. I encourage you to let us in on the status of requests that we’ve “screamed out for.”

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

2 observations. One. It was around from long ago on GLD. Not sure about iLive. Assuming it was so it’s not something new.

Two. I’m simple minded about things and try to think as logically as I can. For me st least it just does not seem logical that the same PEQ with HPF on the input channel could not used on the output in place of what’s there. Aren’t they basically the same architecture?

If you can convince me there is a logical and legit reason with specifics then I think folks will understand.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.