HPF (High-Pass Filter) on Mix Busses

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions HPF (High-Pass Filter) on Mix Busses

This topic contains 72 replies, has 43 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nottooloud nottooloud 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pfrigge
    pfrigge
    Participant

+1 for HPF/LPF on mix busses and matrix outputs. As long as this is missing in SQ-Series, it’s clearly a strong argument against it. Would appreciate to see this implemented soon.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

It’s been missing in action since GLD. Can’t figure out why. One of the most requested features yet totally being ignored.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Yes, it was a misunderstanding I think. The SQ has to this point no function to switch the lowest and highest band to cut or shelf. This again is a huge oversight, as it is absolutely common to highpass aux busses for stage monitoring purposes. Of course an ADDITIONAL highpass like on the inputs would be very nice, too.

Profile photo of stevo
    stevo
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Ade
    Ade
    Participant

Must be on any Live Mixer + 1

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of jim
    jim
    Participant

+1

GLD DOES have HP on mixes. Was shocked and disappointed not to see it on QU and SQ.

Profile photo of Glenn
    Glenn
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

@vogelch You could get a second hand gld80 with ar2412 and ar84, they go for really nice prices these days.

Richard

Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of mumu
    mumu
    Participant

+10

Profile photo of Mark Oakley
    Mark Oakley
    Participant

GLD DOES have HP on mixes.
    jim
    Participant

Where? The closest you can get is to use the Low band as a High-pass, using up one of the 4 PEQ bands. Same as on my iLives. We’re asking to have the same capability as the channels: High-pass plus 4-band Parametric.

-Mark

Profile photo of Rocky
    Rocky
    Participant

I just sold 2 X32 and bought a SQ6. I have been following the forums and fb pages and read just about every review/comment on the SQ line for several months. It seems like the A&H guys are extremely helpful at answering questions and clarifying issues, and it gives me great comfort to know they are only one message away from helping me with any snag I may encounter. BUT, I don’t understand why they will not provide anything on the questions of HPF on Aux and Matrix, or regarding the option of mono matrix.

I mean, I think it would go a long way towards building a trusting relationship if we could get something on the subject, anything at all. Either “We are looking at implementing this request, but because of the XYZ platform/core/protocol/Canadian geese, we have not been able to come up with a stable solution that will not impact ABC. We are hoping to have these issues worked out in the upcoming X months.”
    OR…. “We realize that several users have requested these features, unfortunately, A&H does not envision implementing them on the QU and SQ platforms.”

At least we would know. I find this frustrating.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to have my first post be a rant. I rarely rant. Now I have to go play with my shiny new SQ6! 🙂

Profile photo of Krischaan
    Krischaan
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

+1

Why no official answer from A&H here?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 73 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.