How to tell which show is active?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How to tell which show is active?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Scotchy Scotchy 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jasen
    Jasen
    Participant

New DLive user. My church has lots of shows saved – Christmas productions, special events, and a show per month (we/they use shows as a way to keep a backup of a known good state).

How do you know which show is active? The active scene has a marker, but there seems to be no way to know which show is loaded.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

There is no active show.
    You can save a show at any time. A show is a given state, not more.
    But if you change one parameter or setting, it is already not the same as the saved show.

There is a last show recalled available. But this gets reset after a power cycle.
    Since the power cycle is recalling the last state of the system, this can differ from the last show recalled in all or no parameters.

Profile photo of Jasen
    Jasen
    Participant

Thanks. That helps me conceptualize shows. So you don’t really have any idea which “state” the current state started from. The setup “is” and the current state can be snapshotted as a show.

It still seems like it’d be useful to know that the current state started from this other state (show). Which is the “last recalled”. I’ll have to go find that.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I haven’t recalled a show in a while, so I can’t scroll back far enough to confirm, but I bet it shows in the history logs, just like the scene recalls do… Util/Shows – Utility

Profile photo of Scotchy
    Scotchy
    Participant

If you press the home key it shows you the last show that was loaded. It’s often meaningless because it doesn’t say when and you could have made a thousand changes since it was loaded. And there is no information about the show in the utility dialogue.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.