"How to" record over USB B with or without processing (EQ, COMP, etc)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions "How to" record over USB B with or without processing (EQ, COMP, etc)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andre S Andre S 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi guys and girls,

yesternight (that word really should exist) I made a quick little answering video to a request from one of my youtube SQ tutorial videos. I was ask to do a video on USB B recording to a laptop without any processing. Maybe you´ll find it informative, too.

Cheers,
    André

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Some little comments:
    First, the usb selection in now, starting with firmware 1.5, on the shown setup screen. Before 1.5 you have to choose the right usb port on the usb routing screen.
    Second, to do the recording of the channels direct outs the directout routing must be done for usb outs.
    Third, there is an alterinative to direct outs. You can use the tie line routing to directly route input sockets to output sockets bypassing the channel processing at all. This can also be done using usb out as target.
    All of that what was said,direct out setup and/or tie line routing, is also true when you want to use Danre or Waves card for recording.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Mfk0815,

First: you´re right! I assumed, that vicky (the guy I made the video for) and maybe most people are on 1.5 by the time they are watching this. I should have mentioned that. Good idea.

Second: vicky mentioned in his request, he is getting audio into his DAW but with EQ, Comp, etc. So I figured he has his routing correct. Nonetheless you are right. The USB output settings must be in the right place.

Third: You are right again. I made a video three days ago, where I demontrate tielines and direct outs to USB. I will insert a link to that video.

All good tips for making my video more correct!
    Thanks Mfk0815

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.