GLD mixer configuration

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD mixer configuration

This topic contains 14 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Hi all, new to the forum here so be gentle! ha.

I currently have a QU16 which is great but I have out-grown it. Rather that get a QU32 I would like to get a GLD or iLive system.

I have downloaded the editor software for both GLD and iLive to try them out before spending any money, and weirdly, I’m having the same issue with each of them.

When I go to the mixer configuration page I can’t see a way to add/remove groups, auxillarys, etc. I can see how many are currenty configured and how many buses remain, I can also easily reconfigure the L+R, LRM etc from the drop down menu but that’s all.

This is the same in both GLD and iLive editors so I know I’m probably making a school-boy error but If someone could help me out that’d be great.

Thanks in advance. Andy.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

On a laptop with touchpad. Hover pointer over the box you want to change. Hold down left click with thumb and move up and down on the trackpad with finger. Numbers should change. Select what you want. Click on apply.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Thank you! I thought It’d be something simple.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

Okay, so now I have figured that out… Mono groups/mixes/FX/matrix can only be added in pairs, is this correct?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Do you mean mono or stereo? Not sure of your question.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

In the (set-up > config) screen there are two columns side by side, left is the mono bus/mixes and right are the stereo ones.

Mono ones can only be added in pairs so when I go back to the (set-up > config) screen there are two loaded.

They can be used separately but it seems odd to have to use two.

Thanks again!

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I see now what you mean. I haven’t visited that page in quite awhile. I guess I should know why even pairs but I don’t know unless it is the fact we are working in a stereo world as to mix configurations.

You don’t have to load them as pairs. Once configured you go to the control page and drop mono AUXes or others into layer banks.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

It seems odd that I have to use two buses when adding a mono group.

Profile photo of cornelius78
    cornelius78
    Participant

Yep, buses (be they auxes, groups, fx sends, mains, mtxs) are added/subtracted two at a time. The 2 buses may comprised of either 2x mono or 1x stereo. It’s annoying when you do the mains that if you only want 3 buses to do LRM it actually takes up 4 of the 30/20. AFAIK it’s a hardware limitation. That said, although the buses are added in pairs they can be configured individually, eg if you have a pair of mono auxes you can set one as pre-fade and one as post.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I think the bussing system just works as pairs.

Profile photo of andy
    andy
    Participant

There’s plenty of them for my needs, either way. Just thought it might be a setting I had wrong.

I just need to decide GLD or iLive, now. The option to mix without a surface is tempting, if only the iLive surfaces weren’t so damn expensive, I mean, it’s just a glorified iPad haha

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

For now and as a dealer I recommend GLD. Unless you need more than 44 mics. There appears a rumor of new iLive soon so if inclined that way I would wait. Just my opinion. But, there are some great deals on current iLives going around.

Profile photo of Rick
    Rick
    Participant

I am trying to find a USB flash drive that works with my GLD-80. I don’t find a list specific to this model. I tried a SanDisk Extreme Go USB 3.1 64GB which is close to the recommendation for QU but it doesn’t work. It seems that the flash drives are changing and the list is becoming out of date. Do I need to look for something with USB 3.0?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@rick

welcome to the club.
    usb3 will make things less likely to work.

we found some OLD usb2 in my pc gear at home and that did work
    it was an olde whitebox no name usb2 from staples

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Get a Kingston Data Traveler series USB.

They work great in the QU and SQ mixers and one time at service
    call I used one to back up the data on a GLD80.

Yes the Sans Disk Extreme 3 did work and well but the later models
    were changed and no longer work.

Here is a San Disk that works in the QU and SQ if you need a fast drive with
    lots of storage, never tried it in a GLD though.

SansDisk 250gb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.