GLD 80 v 112

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GLD 80 v 112

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GCumbee GCumbee 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

In the next 2 weeks, our plans are to purchase a GLD 112. If there are any dealers out there, I’d be interested in knowing if the problems posted here on the forum are just anomalies or if this is a solid board. We are going from analog A&H GL3300 which is a work horse. Also, are the problems discussed on this forum for a 112 or 80?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

I have had an 80 and a 112 since Oct. bought them for stock and to use on a live 15hr TV telethon for TV mix. Had 76 inputs across 2 systems. They worked flawlessly. I left them on solid for 4 days. Since then I put the 112/48 in a church on demo for their live TV mix booth. They have used it with me assisting and training now for 3 weekends plus weekly rehearsals. They have a Christmas special this week. We had rehearsals all weekend. Dress and taping tomorrow night (18) and show Sunday (22). I am also editing the HD production for Christmas Eve playback on local NBC station. All this to say that so far not one issue. No freezes. Not to say it can’t/won’t happen. It is a computer after all. But so far I have not had any problems. For the long show I put a large UPS backup on it for cleaner power. I had not put it on for this demo period. I decided to hook it up yesterday just in case for this production.

I also had both systems setup at my house to test prior to the a Telethon. For about 3 weeks I was on them all the time. Left them on for days at a time. No problems. Rep sent me his 80 demo back in Sept to learn on. I worked with it for about month. Only time it ever hung up was right after I upgraded it to 1.3 and started playing with the editor. I was sitting in my chair in the next room playing with the editor connected wireless. I quit the editor without disconnecting the console. Later I went out to the room and console was locked up. I tried to reproduce that and it would never do it again. I just wrote it off as a fluke with the way I quit the editor. That was only thing I ever saw one do out of normal.

George Cumbee, Pres
    Audio Creations Inc.
    Mid-America Communications Audio/Video Paducah, KY
    Classic Recording Studios Nashville

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.