FX scene recall

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions FX scene recall

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WolfgangWolfgang
    Participant

First of all, thank you very much for the new UFX card and the V2.00 firmware!
    The effects are now finally at a high level, it’s a lot of fun to work with them!

However, I do have one comment.
    I have been using external plug-ins for a few years, for which there were two important points:
    (a) the reverb quality of the previous DSP FX card could not keep up with the audio performance of the console.
    b) Recalling effects always meant that you had to pay very close attention to what was loaded during the effect recall. What I mean by this is the setting of the recall filters of the scenes.
    If, for example, you have changed something in the bus architecture (perhaps because you spontaneously need two additional aux paths or an additional stage box is connected), then you must not forget to adjust all the recall filters of the effect scenes accordingly.
    It actually happened to me twice that I wasn’t paying attention in hectic situations – and then I accidentally recalled other settings when recalling effects. That wasn’t so nice…
    My suggestion to avoid such situations would be to save the effects scenes the other way round: only save the parts you want to save. This was also the solution in iLive, so you could get round this problem very elegantly.
    I hope you understand what I mean.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.