DX1608 not starting up

Forums Forums Other A&H products DX1608 not starting up

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Christiaan Christiaan 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Christiaan
    Christiaan
    Participant

Hello everyone,

After many years of reading here I have to post something for myself.

I own a sq6 with 2 dx1608’s connected to the onboard s-link connection and in the additional s-link card i have 6 ME-1’s connected.

Yesterday i tried to start up the system after not being used for 3 weeks, and the first Dx1608 was not staring up, no power LED or ready LED went on. (when this happend the sq could also not see the second DX) I checked the fuse and that was not the issue. Im already assuming that I need to send it away for repairs, but does anyone else have experienced this problem or am i very unlucky?

regards, Christiaan

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Outside of normally troubleshooting suggestions, I don’t have any clear cut answers.

Was the DX box plugged in during the last three weeks of non-use or was it unplugged?
    Did you try swapping the DX boxes? IE connecting the normally daisy chained box directly to the console and then daisy chaining the normally directly linked box instead?
    Did you try swapping power cords and outlets?
    Did you try swapping cables?
    Did you happen to upgrade firmware in the console recently, or use the non-functional DX box with another SQ console that might have had a different firmware version on it? (The boxes will automatically download the correct firmware to run, but the boxes need to be connected directly to the console for this to happen).

Christiaan
    Participant

Hello Brian,

Was the DX box plugged in during the last three weeks of non-use or was it unplugged? (for the last 3 weeks it was not connected to any power source)

Did you try swapping the DX boxes? IE connecting the normally daisy chained box directly to the console and then daisy chaining the normally directly linked box instead? (Yes I also tried that, swapd every cable connected in the system 2 times and connected it straight to the table with cables that I tested on my other DX that has no problems, unfortunately it would still not switch on)

Did you try swapping power cords and outlets? (Yes many different ones and tested ones)

Did you try swapping cables? (same answer here as above)

Did you happen to upgrade firmware in the console recently, or use the non-functional DX box with another SQ console that might have had a different firmware version on it? (The boxes will automatically download the correct firmware to run, but the boxes need to be connected directly to the console for this to happen). (Good questions, but unfortunately its a complete set for a couple of years now and never switched out for other stage boxes or another sq, and currently its running at V1.5.1 for at least a year now without any problems)

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Unfortunately, that sounds like some sort of hardware failure. I would check with your retailer and/or A&H directly to see about further support.

Christiaan
    Participant

It was a diode on the powersuply that broke down, and all of the Dx is not showing any life when it is broken.
    they swapped the broken diode and now its working perfectly!!

thanks for the responses

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.