Ducker

This topic contains 39 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phil Phil 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of ASH
    ASH
    Participant

Ducker would be great feature.

Profile photo of lacky
    lacky
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of TNEY
    TNEY
    Participant

A Ducker / Compressor Sidechain would be really helpful! +1 Thank you 🙂

Profile photo of HP
    HP
    Participant

I agree that a Ducker would be really helpful. While it’s true that AMM solves this problem in part, a dedicated Compressor Sidechain would be suitable for much more situations!

Profile photo of Rob-Spence
    Rob-Spence
    Participant

Well, this is a really old thread.

Still no side chain. No ducker. No further development at all

I am pretty much done with A&H .

I got an SQ this week. No ducker again! Even though they have side chain.

I am sending it back.

Gonna go back to Yamaha. Every digital desk has always had ducking. A&H just doesn’t care about us who spend our money with them.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

bye

Profile photo of wabaus
    wabaus
    Participant

+1

(How many +1s does this make over the last 4.5 years?)

Profile photo of Dowap
    Dowap
    Participant

Hy,

A sidechain on compressors would be really really helpful ! +1

Thank you

definitely +10k

Profile photo of Phil
    Phil
    Participant

This can’t be +1’d enough. A sidechain filter on the gate and compressor that can be keyed to other channels is absolutely critical. Even an entry-level digital board like the X32 has this. The sidechain filter on the GLD channels is also nearly useless without the ability to PFL. The possibilities with this feature are endless, for example if I can key a vocal channel to itself with the ability to adjust the filter slope and PFL it, then I’ve got a de-esser if I need it without using up the channel’s insert slot. A PFL’d sidechain key means that I can gate the hi-hat nearly out of a snare mic. I could almost auto-mix my low end if I can key the bass’s compression to the kick drum, not to mention create a more exciting mix. I could control plosives on a spoken-word mic by side-chaining its compressor to itself and setting the filter with a tight Q to 100-200 Hz – technically the GLD has this ability but without PFL it is much much less effective. Why is it that a sub-$2000 board like the Behringer gets full-featured dynamics and the GLD doesn’t? This has been a feature request for at least the last FOUR years – can we finally get this done? I love the board otherwise, sonically and control-wise. This would make it perfect.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.