Ducker

This topic contains 39 replies, has 33 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Phil Phil 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

+1
    This would be extremely useful!

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

Ducker for Qu but not for V1.5 is extreeemly disappointing ! … even having in mind that this is the most contributed thread in the last 12 month. LS9 had side chain / key in for gate and compressor, X32 family has it … so why not in GLD ????

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

… and keep in mind that an automatic mixer does a completely different job!

Profile photo of mathias
    mathias
    Participant

I’d really like to see this feature in the next upcoming release, as soon as possible, because this really is crucial to many of us users. Thanks!

Profile photo of pilotspike
    pilotspike
    Participant

Hmm, maybe the DSP layouts on the board wont allow for that. Assignable side chain could be something that needs to be built into the hw layout. Thoughts?

John

Profile photo of Gregsound1
    Gregsound1
    Participant

+1 Absolutely ridiculous that this board can’t do this!

Profile photo of benniferj
    benniferj
    Participant

Just felt the pain of assuming that this was built in and I just hadn’t used it. How wrong could I be. Do I really need to cart along a rack unit to do this for the odd corporate job where there is playback all day and they want to occasionally interject using a switched SM58 somewhere or a wireless mic with a mute button?

I can’t believe I wish i’d taken my 01v96 with me instead of the GLD! :/

Profile photo of John-S
    John-S
    Participant

That would be an excellent use for sidechain ducking. Until then you can use limiting at about infinity to 1 and the band will easily overpower the audience mics.

Profile photo of JimK
    JimK
    Participant

Count me also as wanting/needing side chain in all of the strip compressors. My opinion is that this should be the absolute number one priority in the advancement of this console, if it is physically possible to accomplish with existing hardware. It, to me, is really the only glaring missing feature.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Everyone has their priorities. I have many but one for sure is faster release times on the compressors. 100ms is just too slow. 50 or less should be more in line especially for vocals.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Sorry. That was mainly directed at QU.

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

+1 for the sidechain possibility on gate and compressor.

Profile photo of guma
    guma
    Participant

Now Qu Chrome Firmware has both automatic mixer and ducker! Time for giving the ducker to the much more expensive GLD!

Profile photo of GrahamGunn
    GrahamGunn
    Participant

+1 for me

Profile photo of cekren
    cekren
    Participant

+1 for compressor sidechaining for me, too. Why does a cheaper board have a feature the GLD series does not? Would love to hear from an AH rep in this thread…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.