DT168 Dante Preamp Control

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions DT168 Dante Preamp Control

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Stefan
    Stefan
    Participant

I am doing some testing on an Avantis and some DT168 stage boxes and have noticed that if I lose network on primary I lose pre amp control but if I lose secondary I still have preamp control.

Is this expected and if does that that mean that control traffic is only sent or received over the primary Dante interfaces?

Profile photo of anotherone
    anotherone
    Participant

Hi, it‘s the same for me here (dLive + multiple DT168). My A&H salesperson told me this is expected behaviour – preamp control only on primary. A bit of a bummer to me, frankly. Would love a qualified explanation on why that is.

Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura
    Tatsuya Nakamura
    Participant

Unfortunately, the DT168’s preamp controls are only available on the PRIMARY line.

It would be great to see support for the Secondary line in the version upgrade.

I am very concerned about the issue of not being able to follow scene recall if the Primary network switch fails during a show.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.