dLive + Live Professor: snapshots midi cues

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions dLive + Live Professor: snapshots midi cues

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of quick35 quick35 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of anotherone
    anotherone
    Participant

Hi there

Is anyone successfully triggering Live Professor cues with dLive snapshots?
    I tried it with the A+H Midi Control Driver (formerly known as DAW Driver) the same way as in Waves SuperRack and then learning the corresponding snapshot control changes in Live Professor. But somehow Live Professor is only seeing a “Controller” message (Controller 0-0) which is the same for every snapshot.

Any help is much appreciated!

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

I would have exactly the same question!

I too have tried several times to start the effect presets in Liveprofessor from the dLive. I did not succeed.

What I have managed to do is to send the TAP from the dLive to Liveprofessor.

Profile photo of andiabwaerts
    andiabwaerts
    Participant

i had to progam it manually because I had the same problem. I used bome midi translator to sniff the midi message from dLive and put it into live professor. midi momitor maybe also works.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Controller 0 is defined as “Bank Select”

Like many MIDI devices, the dLive has more than 128 Patches (Scenes) so it cannot use just a patch change message by itself to identify them. So it divides its 512 scenes into into 4 banks of 128 each. When the dLive recalls a Scene it first sends a Bank Select message and then a Patch Change message. So the first 128 dLive scenes will all use the same bank number.

I have not used Live Professor, but it sounds like it is not set up to handle banked patch change messages. Instead it simply accepts the first thing it receives. If you can tell it what to listen for, then specify the patch change message instead. Live Professor will see Scene 1 and Scene 129 as the same thing but if yuo don’t have too many scenes then that may still be OK.

Go find the dLive MIDI over TCP specification document and it sill tell you what MIDI messages it uses for different functions.

Profile photo of Mathias Thunbo
    Mathias Thunbo
    Participant

Yes, I have done this. -Having LiveProfessor cues following scenes fired from the dLive.
    (Bear with me as I’m going on memory writing this.)

I set up all the (dLive)scenes with custom Midi commands. B1,00,00,C1,00 for example. Something like this. (See the Midi-table on AH website).
    I did though -later- found out, that the dlive automatically sends this message, just by simply triggering a scene..

In LiveProfessor-options, set LP to receive midi messages from the A+H Midi Control Driver.
    When you make your cues in LP, you must choose (on each cue) that they can be triggered by midi Program changes. Choose channel and program number. Also remember that the number you choose must be offset by 1.

I’m sorry my reply probably seems confusing.. If nothing else; I assure you that it is possible – and I’m certainly not a midi-super-user.

Profile photo of quick35
    quick35
    Participant

“What I was able to do was send a TAP from dLive to Liveprofessor.”

Hello! Can you tell me how you managed to do this? It is unverified that not a single midi message is sent from the “TAP” button.

Profile photo of anotherone
    anotherone
    Participant

So I managed to make it work.
    >Set up A+H Midi Control Driver as usual.
    >Set the Cues in Liveprofessor manually to listen for a „programm change“ and set the corresponding programm change number manually. The correct programm change number is basically just the scene number -1 (because the scenes in dlive start with 1 but the possible midi first programm change is 0).

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

“What I was able to do was send a TAP from dLive to Liveprofessor.”

Hello! Can you tell me how you managed to do this? It is unverified that not a single midi message is sent from the “TAP” button.

I simply used a free channel instead of the TAP and used the mute command for the TAP in Liveprofessor there. so as soon as I press the mute of this channel, the TAP in Liveprofessor is addressed.
    maybe there are better ways, but this is how i managed it 😉

Profile photo of quick35
    quick35
    Participant

Thank you! I implemented the “tap” function in the same way, only through the mute button for a free channel. And I asked the question thinking that it was possible to control the delay directly from the “tap” button on the remote control.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.