Digital noise when streaming audio via USB-B.

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Digital noise when streaming audio via USB-B.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 338 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarksLiveMusic MarksLiveMusic 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 339 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Have you updated the computer audio drivers from the Allen Heath download.

Profile photo of Tohwe
    Tohwe
    Participant

This noise is really annoying. QU24 => usb-b => pc
    happens whether I send a multitrack to a DAW (reaper) or mix7/8 to OBS

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@tohwe

usb can be a problem
    try an audio interface to the pc instead
    does not matter whether it goes to reaper or obs after that

Profile photo of Tohwe
    Tohwe
    Participant

@volounteer

I have a similar setup for the time being, mix7/8 => alt out => aux in => OBS

The usb option would have given us the ability to mix in the DAW and add some vst plugins to the stream audio

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

The USB option is not mandatory for plug-in processing to the stream.

Profile photo of Eldrich
    Eldrich
    Participant

We have a similar issue, Qu-16 linked to Mac Mini, lots of static clicks like this:

https://clyp.it/kyyutpd

2-3 clicks that sound like static every 6-7 seconds, we have tried 3 different USB cables, we have tried 2 DAW programs and see it in all comninations.
    Alas it has rendered our proposed use of a IEM system useless – does anyone have a solution?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

We have a similar issue, Qu-16 linked to Mac Mini, lots of static clicks like this:

https://clyp.it/kyyutpd

2-3 clicks that sound like static every 6-7 seconds, we have tried 3 different USB cables, we have tried 2 DAW programs and see it in all comninations.
    Alas it has rendered our proposed use of a IEM system useless – does anyone have a solution?

Your link did not work.

I take it that you are using the the USB B connection to link to the Mac.

What firmware version is the board running?

What IEM system are you wanting to use?

The USB computer interface noise would not cause issues with the rest of the system.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@eldrich

your link is 404

what is your firmware version?
    current version fixed a similar problem for other folks when when they upgraded to latest.

Profile photo of Eldrich
    Eldrich
    Participant

Apologies for the incorrect link:

I will check on the firmware next time I have access to the desk, I usually see it only on Fridays and Sundays.
    Yes this is USB-B from the QU-16 to a 2014 Mac Mini, although we have trialed a MacBook Air and saw the same thing.

We were intending to trial AudioFusion Soundcaster/Performer to give a simple IEM for our drummer and then expand from there if it worked. Since we already had the Mac, a router, Qu-16 and an iPhone it seemed to be a cheap and easy thing to try.

We noticed the clicks and could see them spiking multiple channels on SoundCaster on the Mac, we then decided to see if it was the software or coming from the desk itself/cables/Mac by doing a quick recording in Garageband and saw them there so it is coming from the desk/ or cables/ or the Mac.

As I said I’ve check if we are running the latest firmware and if not update it, Thanks for the suggestion.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Check you firmware version on the mixer.

I have heard about the AudioFusion system. I have never heard one of the systems
    or talked to anyone who has used one, over all latency could be a concern with the
    computer processing and using a wifi network for the wireless audio link.

Let us know how it works.

Profile photo of Eldrich
    Eldrich
    Participant

Hi again, I updated the firmware tonight (special trip in) and tested it, the static is gone, did a quick ‘does it work’ test with the AudioFusion system (Mac Mini, cheap 11ac wifi and a 2020 iPhone SE) and yes it did. Whether it will with a band is another matter and one we will test out over the next few weeks. Thanks for the superb tip on the firmware.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Hi again, I updated the firmware tonight (special trip in) and tested it, the static is gone, did a quick ‘does it work’ test with the AudioFusion system (Mac Mini, cheap 11ac wifi and a 2020 iPhone SE) and yes it did. Whether it will with a band is another matter and one we will test out over the next few weeks. Thanks for the superb tip on the firmware.

Good to hear, thanks for the update.

Lets us know how the Audio Fusion works with a full band using it. I’m still curious
    about any latency issues.

Profile photo of Eldrich
    Eldrich
    Participant

As promised a quick update about using the AudioFusion system, yes it does work, no there is no discernible latency providing you set it up as they say.

We had issues getting it running at first (Q-16 firmware) latency etc etc but pretty much everything was because for ‘testing only’ we tried to do everything on the cheap – old wifi, usb->ethernet etc etc. Once we made the decision to do everything properly – dedicated AC wifi, ethernet from the Mini socket, old iPhone SEs in airplane mode with wifi on, 3.5mm earphones then it worked really well. We had one issue with a no-nome lightning to 3.5 connecter and latency but once we switched to an apple-official one it was fine.

Will we get it – answer is yes we are planning too for up to 8 people, we are a 100 person Church and its a good fit, if we were larger 2-300 then I would probably go for a Pro system instead.

We’re in the lucky situation that we’ve be able to get hold of a couple of old iPhone SEs and 6s for free and so we are trying to get a couple more so we can hand them out each time rather than ask people to reconfigure their phones for the time.

We’re impressed with it – it does what it says.

Profile photo of yann
    yann
    Participant

Hello there,
    Does anybody have some more tips regarding this issue ? I’m using the Qu Pac, with a Dell XPS 15 7590. I have to say, it’s kind of driving me crazy. So much, that I’m considering selling the Qu Pac, to buy something like a Tascam Model 12. Way less powerfull, but if it works I’ll be okay.

If any of you, already made the switch, to something that work normally when multi-tracking to a DAW, I’m would love to hear about it ! 🙂

A great day to you all !

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Make sure you’ve updated to the latest firmware. It specifically addresses this problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 339 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.