DIGITAL IN

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions DIGITAL IN

This topic contains 18 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Buie Buie 9 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Just a bunch of DACs!

I don’t think from original concept the QU was never designed to do otherwise what it is doing at that price point.
    After owning and using a GSR for 3 years… that desk was more designed for the add-ons from that last era we have come from.

And after using both now in studio and live the wish for a combination of both of those desks would be awesome!

They are what they are and people will continue to try to squeeze more and more out of the QU

I’m sitting here here ‘right now’ about to edit 100 tracks wishing the QU had A/B monitor studio outs to different monitors.

Maybe A&H would build a digital “in” to attach instead of the d’snake arrangement?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

I’m pretty sure the Qu series does not have the necessary circuits to be slaved from some external word clock. Such a “digital in box” would need to perform (unwanted) resampling.
    Regarding the A/B switch: Maybe use the Matrix outputs? Could easily be toggled from the screen…

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Technically no reason that an ADAT dsnake couldn’t be built, but allocation would be in chunks of 8 😉

Profile photo of Buie
    Buie
    Participant

Hi,

Once dante via is out a pc connected to qu qu16 usb Asio drivers in windows would be directly patchable channel by channel as a dante device. by this anything on a dante network would connect with the computer acting as a converter. Obiosuly same sample rate would be required but it should work. Via will be out sometime in the next 4 months a cording to Dantes Website.

Regards

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.