Default settings list anywhere?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Default settings list anywhere?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of coppo coppo 6 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

New user – now three events in on my SQ6 journey!

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a list of default settings for all items?
    Especially, safes and what is restored with a scene in its default safe settings state.

This specifically came up because I switched from a scene with multiple sets of speakers on delays to only one set of old built in speakers.
    The io patching was not restored and the result was no sound – until I caught on it hadn’t restored the patching.

The other thing I can’t find from the manual is what is normal (good practice) to include in a scene and what may need some other way of saving/recalling.
    This change was by way of a trial as we are considering new speakers.
    I effectively temporarily rewired the building and saved the matching settings as a scene. (or so I thought)

Andy

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Could you be so kind and read the manual again?

There is clearly stated that a stored scene contains all parameters.
    You decide on recall, with the use of recall safes, which parameters get changed and which stay untouched.

Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

Thanks – apologies that I didn’t make my question clear.

I have waded through most of the pdf manual and do know from that reading that ‘all’ settings are saved in scenes and then filtered on the recall. What I can’t find out from the manual is what the recall filtering/safes are set to by default. I was hoping that the defaults were listed somewhere.

The other thing I asked was for hints/tips on good practices – something which doesn’t seem to appear in the manual but is probably second nature to regular SQ users.

I expect will eventually be able to answer my own questions as I gain experience but that will take time as I wade through a lot of new (to me) information.
    I was rather hoping to pick up useful tips from the knowledgeable and helpful folk on here.

Thanks
    Andy

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

No filters are applied by default. So everything gets recalled.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

You were surprised that the IO patching was not restored during scene recall.
    Therefore, it would certainly be very helpful for your own understanding if you remember the reason why you blocked the patch at some point during scene recall.
    What did you actually want to achieve with it?

Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

I will check when back on site but i think i may have accidentally overwritten a scene when switching back and forth between the two settings with different speaker layouts. I.e a UTS fault if you know the acronym!
    Andy

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

As a sort of on board scene back up I will save duplicate scenes that I feel are important at the end of the scene list as well as towards the top of the list.
    I also back up to a USB from time to time as well.

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

> I.e a UTS fault …
    I think “accidentally” is not “stupidity”.
    The use of scenes always carries such a risk, among other things.
    Copying of important scenes, like Mike does, should actually be mandatory – unfortunately you can’t lock selected scenes.
    And unfortunately unfortunately unfortunately you can’t move scenes or insert a scene anywhere.

Profile photo of coppo
    coppo
    Participant

UTS – Thankyou – very kind comments! Sometimes you need to actually fall in a hole to grok how deep and wide it is!

I had already started duplicating/backing up scenes as masters- especially at this early stage where we faced with a totally new layout each week. I can then go back to a known starting point.
    I’ll also have a go with USB saving as well.

I do enjoy the learning curve but also wish the really important ‘don’t push that button again’ moments didn’t only occur at times of highest stress!
    A

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.