Dante I/O Card

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Dante I/O Card

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Librarian Librarian 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jkrause
    jkrause
    Participant

Does anyone have any experience with configuring “Dante” audio? I have Cisco switches at our church and setup a separate VLAN for the Audio network, 192.168.5.x/24. The Dante I/O card in the SQ7 is configured with the IP address of 192.168.5.1. The issue I am having is one of my Mac’s that has the Dante Controller on it can’t see the device. I am thinking I have some more configuration options that I need to do on the Cisco switch, so any help would be awesome.

Profile photo of jkrause
    jkrause
    Participant

Mac Pro – Admin Vlan – 192.168.0.50/23
    Dante I/O – Audio Vlan – 192.168.5.1/24

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

I think you need to put you Mac on the same IP range and on the same VLAN as your SQ. 192.168.5.XXXX. Or any Mac with Dante Controller on it. I don’t think the Mac can see the SQ on the audio VLAN.

D.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I will throw in some statements
    since the information above is not that complete to give advices

keep in mind, Audinate recommends dhcp for DANTE…

the SQ control network is not linked to the DANTE network
      the Mac Pro can have more than one IP addresses to make it available in more subnets
      the DANTE controller can address only the selected network device
      IP address changes on the hardware (Dante card) take effect after rebooting

you need to take the ones that apply to your situation

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Yep, there is a lot of information that I didn’t include. Dante can be really simple but it can be very complex as well. I have been building my Dante rig for three years, pretty constantly, and I learned something new as recently as yesterday.

A Dante network can be as simple as two devices creating their own IPs or a huge network with multiple VLANs, both static and dynamic IPs (Audinate’s recommendation of DHCP to serve IPs is for the simplest networks only, and it’s fine advice as far as it goes), IGMP snooping, multicast flows, etc, etc.

I think that the OP just doesn’t know enough about network protocols and should start with the Audinate Level 1 training, or find someone locally that has network experience to help out.

My advice was about what I saw as the first and most obvious problem. Steffen added a few more ideas but not anywhere near “complete to give advice”.

D.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Douglas, of course our list is not complete…
    so, Joshua we need a bit more information

Profile photo of Librarian
    Librarian
    Participant

Unless you’re running Dante domain manager, Dante controller must be on the same vlan as the Dante device.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.